Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
eddym4814

Problems using GZdoom with Austerity Demo

I downloaded the Austerity Demo by Tormentor667 yesterday and had a problem running it with GZdoom. When I entered the first room some of the doors and wall panels looked normal then when I was at a different angle they looked like a black and white checkerboard. I decided to run it using Zdoom instead and it looks just fine. I've got version 1.0.22.434 of GZdoom and version 2.1.7.366 of Zdoom. Has anyone else had this happen to them? And is there anyway to fix it? Thanks, EddyM4814

Options > Display Options > OpenGL Options > Texture Format

Try toggling the texture format (switch it to something different, then switch it back) and see if that fixes it.

Thanks for the quick response guys. I will try changing the texture setting first and if that doesn't work will download a copy of Austerity 2 and give it a shot. EddyM4814

Just to let you know I went into the opengl options>texture format and changed the setting. That didn't seem to work so I tried changing the texture filter mode from linear to off. That cleared up the problem but looked liked it may have minimized or turned off the opengl effect. I set it back to linear, then tried changing the rendering quality from speed to quality. That also seemed to work. I played a little of the game, set them all back to default and now it seems to work fine. Now I know what to do in the future, thanks again for your help. EddyM4814

Turning off the texture filter mode doesn't turn off OpenGL, it (oddly enough) simply turns off the texture filitering. You'll still have all the other features of the OpenGL mode, such as 16 million colours, dynamic lights, shaders, 3D bridges, improved FPS (if you have a decent enough card), etc.

Quite a few people seem to play GZDoom without texture filtering.

Thanks for the info. I only looked around the area I was in when I turned the filtering off, then back on, so I couldn't really tell that the opengl effects were still working.