Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GGG

The continuing legacy of Eric Harris

Pretty scary shit man...I live 10 minutes from VT, and my sister goes to school there. Fortunately she's ok...but it's been a pretty crappy day :<

I swear to god I've had it with the way America deals with tragity. Every single time a student or child commits an act of violence, the media completely loses its mind and begin to point the finger of blame in all directions. Blame gun control laws, blame violent video games, blame that evil rock music. Everything is somebody else's fault.

What pisses me off even more was Geraldo was on CNN talking about how we have failed spiritually as a country. Somehow he stated that if we had Christianity under our belts, children would be better people.

We never have been able to figure out that it takes a society to raise a child. No great mystical solution comes up when we ask ourselves "are we too violent as a people?" We couldn't figure it out with the last shooting and we certainly won't have the answer for the next one.

That being said, i'll leave my deepest sympathies to the students and families affected by this and my television set turned off.

skadoomer said:

What pisses me off even more was Geraldo was on CNN talking about how we have failed spiritually as a country. Somehow he stated that if we had Christianity under our belts, children would be better people.

Christinanity does not make better people. Geraldo's a douche, case closed.

God, its such a sad travesty that things like this still happen in todays day and age. And what for anyways? I'm still in shock at what happened.

To make matters worse, some of my friends who go to VA Tech haven't replied to messages I've sent them :(

Hobbs said:

If an azn did it it is obviously Starcrafts fault.

kekekekekekekekekekekeke

It has been confirmed the shooter is South Korean, which makes this post really ironic.

Well, guns aren't banned in USA, that's why that and the Columbine and all happened...

printz said:

Well, guns aren't banned in USA, that's why that and the Columbine and all happened...

Riiiight.

You know that the Columbine shooters had set bombs that would have caused a structural collapse of the cafeteria at the school had they detonated.

Dr. Zin said:

Riiiight.

You know that the Columbine shooters had set bombs that would have caused a structural collapse of the cafeteria at the school had they detonated.

I don't know much, though I still hold my opinion. Heh. Bomb? That sounds like terrorism already. But anything (bombs, guns) can be manufactured anyway. At least not sold legally to every punk(parent). So lawbreakers would have to call/buy for/from other lawbreakers, or work hard, to commit homicide/suicide/whatever with guns/whatever.

printz said:

If that is an attempt to be funny, you failed miserably.

That being said, Like I predicted ( or everyone else in the world pretty much did), the anti-gun nuts are all over this like an orgy for the media cameras. Banning guns won't work, it never has, never will. Banning ANYTHING never works. It didn't work with Alcohol, didn't work for drugs, didn't work for cuban cigars! A good ol' fashioned middle finger goes out to them. They are clueless tools.

Csonicgo said:

If that is an attempt to be funny, you failed miserably.

That being said, Like I predicted ( or everyone else in the world pretty much did), the anti-gun nuts are all over this like an orgy for the media cameras. Banning guns won't work, it never has, never will. Banning ANYTHING never works. It didn't work with Alcohol, didn't work for drugs, didn't work for cuban cigars! A good ol' fashioned middle finger goes out to them. They are clueless tools.

none of the things you mentioned have been designed with the express purpose of killing other sentient beings.

You can whinge and whine all you want about home defense and BBG's e-penis expansion packs, but these are weapons, fucker. Don't act all suprised when people want to point that out to you.

Banning weapons, no. Banning idiots like yourself from owning weapons, yes.

Hobbs said:

Kettle, meet pot.

Truth is truth, no matter who says it.

darknation said:

none of the things you mentioned have been designed with the express purpose of killing other sentient beings.

Tobacco did a good job, but that wasn't it's intention.

Hobbs said:

You can whinge and whine all you want about home defense and BBG's e-penis expansion packs, but these are weapons, fucker. Don't act all suprised when people want to point that out to you.

I wasn't acting surprised, I was pretty much expecting it.

darknation said:
Banning weapons, no. Banning idiots like yourself from owning weapons, yes. [/B]

<3
I'm not going to go insane and zergrush a school. It's very very rare, that's why it's such a shock. 99.9% of the US seems to do great, but there's always the demented psycho nerd/emo/gansta with a deathwish.

First of all, guns aren't banned in the UK.

Second, the UK's crime rate is rising, the criminals have shifted to different weaponry.

I have said it before and I will say it again, both Switzerland and Finland have higher per capita gun ownership than the US (and stuff like automatic firearms being more easily obtainable), yet both have lower crime rates.

Also, too many people think of the US as a homogeneous entity. It is not. Crime in the US is centered around the major urban areas, where there is the lowest amount of gun ownership.

I live north of Aurora, Illinois. There are over a dozen murders there each year. I can drive about four hours west (200 miles) to Cedar Rapids, Iowa, which is about the same size (100,000 people). There are only one or two murders each year there. I can tell you that Cedar Rapids has much higher gun ownership.

It isn't the guns that are the problem, it is the society.

Csonicgo said:

Banning ANYTHING never works. It didn't work with Alcohol, didn't work for drugs, didn't work for cuban cigars!

I agree. To begin with, I think we should legalize printing one's own money. This would bring an immediate end to most crime.

darknation said:

UK bans guns. UK gun deaths fall.

I fail to see why this equation offends so many people.

Because statistics are the best liars on the planet.

Edit: Dr. Zin beat me to it.

Dr. Zin said:

It isn't the guns that are the problem, it is the society.

Exactly. I live about a half-hour away from Aurora, and we go nowhere near most of it because of all the crime that occur there. Now I'm not racist, but there's a lot of black people and mexicans living in that area. You put those people together, and problems always seem to happen.

caco_killer said:

Now I'm not racist, but there's a lot of black people and mexicans living in that area.

You may not be racist but you arent afraid of using racial stereotypes.

The point is, we can move on. We did it on columbine, 9-11, et cetera.

sooner or later we can even laugh at it.

I don't know much about how people actually treat guns when they know they can have it. But every place has madmen. What's better, a madman well armed and ready to kill people, or a pathetic excuse wielding some sticks and knives karating and charging the teacher and some pupils? (maybe I'm saying stupid childish stuff now)

I really don't think banning (or, to be more correct, CONTROL) will work rightaway. No. It'll be a human like denying oneself. Like an increase in stress (heh). So if guns have been legal to people till then, they'll have to stay allowed so as not to cause some cultural unrest. Really, I see nothing doable to prevent further frustrations causing more massacre. Especially in developped countries. Shit does happen :(

Csonicgo said:

The point is, we can move on. We did it on columbine, 9-11, et cetera.

sooner or later we can even laugh at it.

Actually we are laughing at it as we speak. In a hostile demeaning manner.

skadoomer said:

Where was his massiah when those skinheads were destorying his face? Heh.

It was really too late to quote that one, but this thread isn't really going anywhere, anyway.

printz said:

What's better, a madman well armed and ready to kill people, or a pathetic excuse wielding some sticks and knives karating and charging the teacher and some pupils? (maybe I'm saying stupid childish stuff now)

If someone really wanted to kill people, he'd be more strategic than that. Fact is, if one puts his mind to it, it's not hard to kill a lot of people with very little.

printz said:

Especially in developped countries. Shit does happen :(

Shit happens everywhere. It's just in developed countries the media crams news of shit down everyone's gullet. This is nothing like the wars and constant bombing crippling numerous less-developed nations.

Dr. Zin said:

Also, too many people think of the US as a homogeneous entity. It is not. Crime in the US is centered around the major urban areas, where there is the lowest amount of gun ownership.

It should be pointed out however that while killings are most common in urban areas and large cities, these suicidal massacres always seem to occur in suburban areas.

I used to live in littleton (the columbine place) this sort of thing always makes me angry. i was 9 years old when the shooting there took place. i'll never forget it. i heard sirens in class. i was taken home from littleton elementary, because my parents were terrified. we went by the school, and saw all the cops, and kids. now, i think of that day every time i hear about these shootings.

never forget columbine.

Two of this guys plays are up here: http://newsbloggers.aol.com/2007/04/17/cho-seung-huis-plays/

Let me just say this. His writing, for a college senior English major, sucks. Honestly, I think that the people who posted replies on AOL, saying that this was "disturbing" need to read more or watch more movies. His plays, if this incident hadn't occurred (because hind sight is always 20/20), would not seem disturbing. They would seem extremely stupid and written by someone who thought cursing was cool. I don't what it says about him except that maybe he was so unfocused that he couldn't write well because he was expressing his anger and thus not even trying to write a good play.