Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Csonicgo

Windows Vista Has Record Sales in China

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/04/18/1512216

"Whilst Microsoft was bragging about the sales number of their latest OS Windows Vista, few would actually know that they have only managed to sell 244 copies in the whole of China in the first 2 weeks."

The pirated, cracked version of Windows Vista is selling for a mere $1 on the streets of China.

Owned.

They should do like id Software.

"Since piracy was so insanely rampant over there, we sold the rights to sell copies to the biggest pirates for $1 per copy - that way we made a little money and they felt legit."

What... no genuine check that halts the pirated WIndows software execution? Or is that cracked too? :)

I LMAOed at the title itself : Windows Vista Has Record Sales in China.

Yeah right I thought...and the thread didn't prove me wrong :-D

As for the wunderwaffe-like genuine check...that has been already cracked. They even torrented it with (who knows why) a copy of Ultimate Doom -_-

Yeah that's right, there's a torrent with a Vista activation crack, a pic saying "LOL I PWND MICROSOFT" and...Ultimate DOom :-S

Of course don't ask for links....beats me why they bundled those two things together (well three things if you count the insulting pic...).

Maybe they wanted to play a pun on "Vista Ultimate edition" and "Ultimate Doom".

baronofhell said:

Vista has been installed on this computer that I type on.....I want to die.

It is truly ME: second edition.

I refuse to touch the OS with a 10 foot pole. not that I wanted to "use" Vista anyway. I'd feel dirty. I would rather go rice and use Gentoo than use Vista.

Also,
"Dell's bringing XP back" made me rofl, as a certain Pop song came to mind as I read it.

I had my pirated copy of Vista installed for a whole 30 minutes before I formatted that hard drive. I stole it and still managed to feel ripped off...

Yay, now I feel happy that I only finally got a legal copy of XP in January. Vista looked like trash anyway. XP, on the other hand is a very stable and (after you get used to it) easy to use operating system. The only real problem I have with it is the bloat. I mean, it eats like 250 MB of memory. Sheesh.

So "by now" XP was respected (as much as windows can be anyway), but Vista is still hated?

Are companies now releasing Vista drivers or do you still have to buy a new scanner, printer, webcam etc when you upgrade?

Oh yeah, XP does start to fuck up when the computer gets older, but thats probably it "not knowing what to do with" the hardware which is going wrong. My old desktop keeps 'forgetting' the user profiles and settings but thats probably the HD being corrupted by age. I'd buy a new one but the OS is stored as firmware on the HD (those stupid twats). Of course i could install it from the CD that came with my laptop but that would be cheating

I have reasons to believe that this "small circle scale" and the "comparison" between XP and Vista aren't exactly IEEE and ISO-certified...

Progressive protection against modern threats.
Meaning: Pops up a nag screen when you download any program or zip file, or go to any website that isn't plain text and jpegs

Excellent speeds for Startup, Shutdown and Resume times.
...If you go with all these RAM and graphics options, that'll be £800 extra please

Visual interface designed to provide a richer experience and greater efficiency.
More animations for that fucking paperclip, which pops up twice as much as it used to

Simple, complete migration, setup and transitioning to new PC.
WTF is this supposed to mean? you still point at things with the mouse and click them don't you? what kind of "transition" are people expecting?

Superb search and organization featuring rich, hi-res desktop icons.
Puts your files where it thinks they should go, not where you want them. But at least it looks pretty while it does it, and listen to that graphics card's built in fan go!

Monitor and manage your family's computer usage.
...Allowing advertisers to know if your daughter is logged in and transmit 'girly' banner ads to her accordingly.

Display weather, time, news, stocks, and more with desktop gadgets.
With built in protection so you don't go and accidentally turn off those all-important stock and weather updates popping up in the corner of the screen!

I can imagine this in a year.

WINDOWS VISTA DUMPED!

As if by a miracle, Microsoft has finally ditched it's Vista OS and has returned to XP while waiting for the monkeys (no one else remained) to make a new OS.

This MIGHT happen in 5 years.

MICROSOFT DECLARES BANKRUPCY!

Windows has collapsed. With the EVEN WORSE THAN VISTA Microsoft Buy This So We Don't Get Bankrupt has failed and what was once the most powerful computer company has collapsed to Linux.