Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gun Priest

Backing Up Files?

Oddly enough, my question has absolutely nothing to do with backing up the actual files of Doom 3 (if I didn't know how to do that, I have no right owning a PC, much less playing such an awesome game on it, you know?).

I was sort of shocked to see that there was no clear outline or aid to point out the locations and purpose of the panels found at various consoles in Doom 3 where you can "back up files" before some (indefinitely) impending power outage destroys them. I've attempted to scour several walkthroughs for any help or explanation, as I always seem to miss one or two panels, especially since many levels restrict you from returning but so far after a certain point. I'm curious as to not just where all of them are located, but if there is anything neat or interesting to be gained from backing up all the files you possibly can.

If anyone has a link or a guide or information from your own experience to share concerning this, I'd greatly appreciate all the help I could get in this matter.

Thanks!

Edit: Clarified that I was speaking about "in-game".

Uh, what?

Dude, just burn files to a CD-R(W) or DVD-R(W). Alternately, invest in a USB Pen-drive, they are win.

Oddly enough, my question has absolutely nothing to do with backing up the actual files of Doom 3 (if I didn't know how to do that, I have no right owning a PC, much less playing such an awesome game on it, you know?).

Please read my post in full. I'm talking about the consoles -in Doom 3- that bear small blue panels which give error messages akin to "Power outage imminent. Do you want to back up your files?" I'm sorry if I didn't clarify properly in the first place. =\