Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Patrick

Zombies

i am making some new zombies using decorate. i make one lose its head after it takes a certain amount of damage (this is accomplished by spawning a new zombie when the old one dies, but it doesn't leave a body, its "head" falls off) how do i make the headless zombie shoot randomly and not aim at the player? a_posattack always aims at the player, and a_firebullets doesnt work. any suggestions?

A_CustomMissile I believe will work, check the zdoom wiki for syntax on that (just set the angle to rand(20,180)...if it will allow you to...never had to use it so I wouldnt know)

Steeveeo said:

A_CustomMissile I believe will work, check the zdoom wiki for syntax on that (just set the angle to rand(20,180)...if it will allow you to...never had to use it so I wouldnt know)

Yeah, but that means I have to create my own projectile. i guess that works

i guess the point is i want it to be bullets, not some random imp fire or anything. there's probly a way i've overlooked. anyone else have any help.

Doesnt the normal zombieman attack have quite a variation in the angle/offset of it's shot, chosen at random-so he might not hit you at all. Just copy and paste that and make the numbers bigger to make it even less accurate. (It's what i'd do in EDGE anyway, i assume theres a similar way in DECORATE?)

Oh! I think I know what you're gettin at!

The chaingun guys from Q2? Blow off their heads and they start shooting wildly, then fall over.

Yeah, do as death said, just give the bullets a really wide angle.

deathbringer said:

Doesnt the normal zombieman attack have quite a variation in the angle/offset of it's shot, chosen at random-so he might not hit you at all. Just copy and paste that and make the numbers bigger to make it even less accurate. (It's what i'd do in EDGE anyway, i assume theres a similar way in DECORATE?)

yeah, but i don want the zombie to face the target at all

Steeveeo said:

during the Death animation dont put A_Facetarget

i dont have an A_FaceTarget. But the A_PosAttack makes it face the target anyways. I made a small, fast-moving, invisible projectile, then used A_CustomMissile. That works just fine.

Steeveeo said:

Oh! I think I know what you're gettin at!
The chaingun guys from Q2? Blow off their heads and they start shooting wildly, then fall over.

bingo

then do as I said before:

A_Firebullets and set the angle to a very wide one. Using this command alone will not make the monster face its target AFAIK...

as i said, a_firebullets does not work with monsters

yay. this is exactly what i was looking for. it works. problem solved.

Steeveeo said:

be sure to send me a copy when its done! ;)

pm me sometime, i'll send it to you via email. its actually a part of a weapons/monster mod I'm doing for a larger project i hope to finish this summer. if you wanna help, i could use some.

the_killer_32 said:

how about useing "drop item "head""

uhhh... this isn't making the head hall off, this is about making random projectiles in decorate.

Romero... unless you happen to be a wicked awesome sprite artist.

I'm not, but I am a big fan of Romero and his realistic (as in movement and nature) zombies, unlike those featured in the Dawn Remake! :)

More zombie goodness, I can't wait!

GzStarWars said:

I'm not, but I am a big fan of Romero and his realistic (as in movement and nature) zombies, unlike those featured in the Dawn Remake! :)

More zombie goodness, I can't wait!

yeah. my favorite zombies ever, tho, were the ones from quake (i just might use their sound fx...) if anyone has any really good zombie sprites, i'd use 'em. if anyone knows where i can find a zombie sprite w/ a chainsaw, that'd make it even more awesome.

The quake zombies used to creep me out! Everytime I'd hear there moan I'd panic!

Now that I've played through the damn game 1 million times, I don't even panic when I see the Shambler :)

Just a few more days till 28 Weeks Later!!!!