Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
VileSlay

Candidates on MySpace

Ahaha...I saw the Joe Biden one on the "Cool New People" list last time I logged in and though "man, that guy looks terribly out of place here".

Hey everyone..Lets join myspace!!!! Everyone's doing it!!

Seriously though, this is just laim IMO.

How else do they expect to get the youth votes?

the third "cool new people" profile is always gonna be one of these candidates it seems. the first one I saw, actually, was rudy giulliani. his profile was set to private, not that I really cared. it didn't really suprise since myspace has grown in to this giant commercial machine. with major label bands, celebrities, and even movies (hell, TMNT had a page for the movie and one for each turtle and the transformer one has you decide if you want to be a friend of the autobots or decepticons) having their own myspace page, I thought it was only a matter of time until politicians began using them as campaigning tools. sux, but thats the internet for you.

I lol'd when I saw Hillary under cool new people. Very out of place.

Its a clever idea to use this as a means of campaigning, but its just lame.

caco_killer said:

Holy shit, he's got a ton of friends.

yeah, I just saw his today and thought the same thing, but then again pretty much all of them have a ton of friends. I was lookin at some of the comments left on his page and one girl was saying hillary was biting off barack for having a myspace page. like she didn't jack her cyborg brain in to the net and beat everyone to the punch.

Antidote said:

They are trying to get the vote of teens... it may or may not be working, who knows.

Silly candidates. Teenagers can't vote.

rf` said:

Silly candidates. Teenagers can't vote.

Uh, EIGHTEEN. Plus, think that in 2008, a lot of 17 year olds will be 18 and thus can vote. It also may convince some unregistered 19 year olds and up to vote as well, so it thus increases their chances too.