Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ralphis

Spiderman 3 (SPOILERS TOO SO DONT BE RETARDED)

So, I saw it. I *think* it was good but some dudes in the row behind me were recording the commentary for the DVD (Ebonics Edition) so I'm going to have to see it again to hear all the audio. I had mixed feelings about it I think. Venom went down sort of easy, but I guess that's what happens. I'll get back with a more well written piece after I see it again.

Anyone else see it? I know you have. Comments/opinions/fan fiction?

My inflammatory opinion is that people shouldn't bother with superhero movies. Ever.

I really liked the first 2 movies and I can't wait to see this one myselfe, as Venom always was one of my favorite Spiderman characters.
Unfortunately I'll have to wait a few more weeks for the german translation :(

Haven't seen it yet, and probably won't until the coming week. All the highschool kiddies will still be in school and I'll then be able to go with no lines involved

Jodwin said:

My inflammatory opinion is that people shouldn't bother with superhero movies. Ever.

No, just these. Besides what are you spoiling? More than half the movie has been seen in the previews. Like the one that showed the ENTIRE fight between Peter and Harry...stupid.

Havent seen the movie yet, but I don't really care to see it unless I've heard good impressions from friends (and you guys); I liked the first one but didn't like the second so much - because I prefer a more action than drama style when it comes to superhero movies.

It was ok I guess, they really fucked up Venom though, his voice and everything sound crappy and don't fit him.

Oh and Peter Parker goes emo for 1/3 of the movie.

DJShrimpy said:

So what else is new?

It was a good "Spiderman the Movie" movie, but not really a great comic book adaptation. Although I have to say I was strangely pleased with the casting of Topher Grace (Eric Foreman) as Venom, made the character a bit more smarmy.

DJShrimpy said:

He wasn't taking anything out of context. For a good 40 minutes Peter Parker is this spiteful, jazz-dancing emo, with his eyeliner, black hair, and side-part and everything.

I loved the first two movies, but I felt this one sold out a bit. What with the trendy emo bit, and there's one quick scene, when fighting Venom/Sandman where Spider-man swings in-front of an American flag that takes up the entire screen, and the music gets all loud and epic. The Canadian theatre I was seeing it in lmao'ed at that part.

Coopersville said:

there's one quick scene, when fighting Venom/Sandman where Spider-man swings in-front of an American flag that takes up the entire screen, and the music gets all loud and epic.

Yeah I thought that seen was really corny.

The American Flag thing is in all 3 movies so I don't see why this bothers you so much in this one

I'm looking forward to it ive seen the first two spiderman movies as well and really enjoyed them, in fact I liked all superhero movies ive seen so far.

The X-men movies are my favorites and I wouldn't mind seeing an part 4 someday.

In response to the campiness of the movie, I have to say that I enjoyed it. I don't think that superhero fiction should be overly stoic or serious, unless that's the point (Batman)

The corny/campy bits were fun to watch nonetheless, because I went to see a superhero movie, not a serious drama.

I really like how Raimi shaped the overall narrative. He kept me in it the whole time, and I too was pleasantly surprised with the casting of Topher Grace. I think the lack of communication between Parker and MJ is getting a bit old, I think if he just told her a bit more about what's going on they'd be better off, but then again maybe she'd misunderstand or something. I wouldn't say he was "emo" through that whole period, maybe a bit at the Bugle when he brought that evidence in, but otherwise he was actually more of a "dark cassanova" type, incredibly confident/arrogant and more aggressive than I'd think of an "emo" being.

Ralphis said:

The American Flag thing is in all 3 movies so I don't see why this bothers you so much in this one

The flag is in every US-made movie, as if it's a law, but it never took up the entire screen for several seconds, or caused a change in the music in the previous two movies.

Mancubus II said:

I wouldn't say he was "emo" through that whole period, maybe a bit at the Bugle when he brought that evidence in, but otherwise he was actually more of a "dark cassanova" type, incredibly confident/arrogant and more aggressive than I'd think of an "emo" being.

Oh, I agree that's what was intended, but when I'm in the theatre full of people, and 1/3 of them yelled "EMO!" when he changed his hairstyle, that's what he now officially became.

The movie was just plain overloaded. Nothing had time to really develop or have more than one dimension to it. All 3 villians combined still couldn't match Doc Ock in movie #2. Ugh.

Edit: Pie scene. Butler scene.

Ralphis said:

Because the film is subliminal propaganda that promotes american nationalism....

I do agree that this film tried to cram too many things into one movie, but many superhero films have had that problem and I think this one handled it the best.

They seriously screwed up Venom, and besides he was only on screen for like 15 minutes. But other than that, it was a good movie.

And this whole American Flag thing is kind of a minor issue, don't you think? It seemed like an intentional joke to me.

skadoomer said:

Eric Forman became venom? Boy, I did not see that one coming.

He was great as Eddie Brock. He didn't work too well as Venom, though. Evidently, the filmmakers agreed, because they kept revealing his face whenever he tried to talk as Venom. IMO, they should have used a different voice/actor for Venom.

Nightmare Doom said:

Because the film is subliminal propaganda that promotes american nationalism....

Would you please knock that off?

Nightmare Doom said:

So fucking what

Coopersville said:

Oh, I agree that's what was intended, but when I'm in the theatre full of people, and 1/3 of them yelled "EMO!" when he changed his hairstyle, that's what he now officially became.

And since when does a simple haircut make someone "emo" anyway? People need to fix their perspectives on what "emo" actually is. It's definitely more than a haircut.

And no one has mentioned the glorious return of Thomas Haden Church to the big screen?

Nightmare Doom said:

commie

Mancubus II said:

And since when does a simple haircut make someone "emo" anyway? People need to fix their perspectives on what "emo" actually is. It's definitely more than a haircut.

I agree, and when people stop being 'emo' as part of a trend, or their image, Peter Parker may be free to have a sidelock.

Mancubus II said:

And no one has mentioned the glorious return of Thomas Haden Church to the big screen?

I'd say he was probably the best actor in the film. The guy rocks