Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

There is a Chex Quest fan forum and it has way too many posts

Damn...In terms of members and posts..that forum blows my forum out of the water :( That's sad on my part....But oh well

My forum has 1 registered user, 6 posts, and the most people ever online (users and guests) was 2, beat THAT!

I was half expecting to see it full of posts by King REoL. Whatever happened to him, anyway?

DO NOT LOOK INTO THE DEATH STAR, OR YOU WILL DIE!

Castlevania II told us this quite clearly.

fraggle said:

I was half expecting to see it full of posts by King REoL. Whatever happened to him, anyway?

As far as I know he slunk away to NewDoom after being banished from both DW and SA. I have no idea if he still actively posts there.

deathbringer said:

My forum has 1 registered user, 6 posts, and the most people ever online (users and guests) was 2, beat THAT!

Oh believe me, I feel your pain :P Worst thing is after I paid for the forum software and went through the long and difficult installation process, my webhost offers me free forum software...

david_a said:

As far as I know he slunk away to NewDoom after being banished from both DW and SA. I have no idea if he still actively posts there.

Well he was banned from DW in the dark ages, then set up shop at Doomcenter, where for some reason he was never banned despite numerous flamewars with darknation and even an invasion of SA goons deriding him. Then when DC collapsed he attempted to come back here and I think was rebanned or something. He skipped Newdoom because he had always kind of sneered at it (at least he's not a hypocrite I guess). He wound up soon after on the short-lived idgames.net with other winners like Wavelength and The Widow Maker. I have no idea what happened to him after that. He probably still has his own website which IIRC had its own forums.

Heh. Sadly the last news item is from 2005. Whatever happened to his "mapping protege," anyway? I remember there was one guy who liked his maps and made ones in a similar style (eXtreme detail(tm) or whatever). Everybody thought it was just Fiffy in disguise :)

Danarchy said:

Wavelength and The Widow Maker.

lolz

Danarchy said:

He skipped Newdoom because he had always kind of sneered at it (at least he's not a hypocrite I guess).

What? He used to post on the newdoom forums for ages after he was banned here.

Aleaver said:

Oh believe me, I feel your pain :P Worst thing is after I paid for the forum software and went through the long and difficult installation process, my webhost offers me free forum software...

Then there's the realization that the world doesn't operate like a pyramid scheme. If everyone gets his own forum, everyone else is too busy with his own.
On that note, my forum has over a million members because they're all bots. They're our true friends because we want users on our forums.

Danarchy said:

He skipped Newdoom because he had always kind of sneered at it (at least he's not a hypocrite I guess). He wound up soon after on the short-lived idgames.net with other winners like Wavelength and The Widow Maker. I have no idea what happened to him after that. He probably still has his own website which IIRC had its own forums.

He was at Newdoom for quite some time - he was there when I first started browsing the forums. Most of the original members will remember his time there. His account is long since gone though - I think he got banned as well.

Danarchy said:

an invasion of SA goons deriding him.

Haha, that was my fault. I posted the topic in SA with a link to REoL's thread and it got stickied. I still have the HTML somewhere of the mgoforum's "Who's Online" with like 200 users looking at the "Phase 6 revealed" topic. BigD was like "...um..." the entire 2 or 3 days that went on. He was the most reluctant mod I've ever talked with, but he eventually locked it. I think that was the first time he ever actually had to moderate :P

GGG said:

Then there's the realization that the world doesn't operate like a pyramid scheme. If everyone gets his own forum, everyone else is too busy with his own.
On that note, my forum has over a million members because they're all bots. They're our true friends because we want users on our forums.

Yep tis true.. The way I see it is...The forum (my forum) is there. And if people want to join it, then they can go ahead and do so. I for one am not going to go from forum to forum and post saying: Hey I got a forum of my own..Join please! LOOK AT ME...That would be ultimately self defeating.

Hmm, must have been some other mong I'm thinking of. Actually, now that I remember, I think it was Crendowing. He shunned Newdoom. I never remember Reol being there. 'Course I didn't spend much time there either.

hmmm...

Well, reol and I fell out on newdoom after about three months. That disintergrated into slander in every post for about half a year, then erupted into all out war when the 'ReOL Brothers' appeared... that was fun. It was during this time that wmull fashioned me into the Weapon of Mass Bannage that I am now.

REoL is banned for being a tard, after about a year. I am banned shortly after because wmull builds better than he knows.

REoL moves to DC, I move to DC, the entire forum is nothing but a sordid mass of flamewar for about a year. Seriously. The whole thing culminated when myself and the SA goons rampaged through the DC forums for about a week, totally destroying the boards and driving bigD batshit insane.

heh, bigD... he was either the best or worst moderator ever, depending on your viewpoint, i.e; if you are dn or not.

REoL returns to doomworld. He is given one chance to reform, posts about a grand total of one sentence and then is banned for life.

There we are, two years of hilarity condensed into a few pragraphs by one who knows it well. I'd claim credit for his downfall, but he was the one who looked like a mong. I merely had to point it out.

So what, cereal muncher? Go back to your basement, little boy, the grown-ups are trying to talk.

I mean, hi. Can't we all be friends? The lovers of Doom and Chex Quest can unite on a common cause. We love old-ass games. So, go back to enjoying your silly little cereal game, and I'll plow through Demons with a pump-action.

Try out some of the maps over there. We don't fool around when it comes to modding. Might get you hooked. ;)

thats pretty funny. I didn't realize that there was such a cult following for that game. I, myself, have never played it, but more power to you chex quest fans and modders.

BTW, LOLZ at that star wars sig. that wins it.

xbolt said:

Ha ha, we have spies over here... (Kidding)

Actually, it is free.

And you guys like rrppo's sig, eh?

What fagboat meant was that it isn't free content, as in it is copyrighted, not that it costs money. Don't mind him, you flush him daily and give him no thought, now that it has a keyboard doesn't change anything.