Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BASGTA

Spawning Imps on Demand

Alright, so I'm messing around with this new map. I have a bridge, and at the end of the bridge I have an SSG. This is where I need the help. When I pick up the SSG, I want to imps and a shotgun ammo box to appear in front of me.

I'm using Doom Builder, and ZDoom (Hexen on Doom Format)

There's three ways you could go about it:

1. The most simple option is to use a regular teleporter for the Imps and just have the ammo sitting there on the bridge.

2. If you want ammo to appear as well, you'll need to use a scrolling floor to carry the ammo accross a teleport linedef, or...

3. learn how to make ACS scripts.

If you opt for ACS, you can use the Spawn or SpawnSpot functions to make Things appear in the map. Info on teleporters and scrolling floors should also be available somewhere on the ZDoom wiki.

Hmm, alright, thank you.

I'm going to try the ACS scripting first. My friend helped me with some scripting with coloured areas and I found it interesting.

You could do it with vanilla doom. Make a hole in the ground (with a imp and box in it) that raises when you pick up the SSG (place the SSG just behind a trigger line that causes the raise).

Scientist said:

Make a hole in the ground (with a imp and box in it) that raises when you pick up the SSG

Forget to assign lower textures to the holes and your ammo magically appears out of nowhere!

You could use map spots and when you walk over a certain line you'd spawn things on the tagged map spots. the spawn numbers are here.

Ah, I did figured this out on the 7th, a little bit after I posted. I used ACS to do this.

Is there a way to make them teleport in silently?