Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooM Droid

Is it possible to make one hit K.O enemies

Just make their attacks do 200 damage. 255 if you want their attacks to kill the play even if he has God mode on.

First of all, what port are ya using?

If its ZDoom, use XWE or SLumpEd to code it in a DECORATE entry.

Craigs said:

Just make their attacks do 200 damage. 255 if you want their attacks to kill the play even if he has God mode on.

How about armor? Armor takes some damage from hits.

I think it gets multiplied by a (pseudo-)random number, from 1-8. So a value of 200 will normally be enough for an outright kill.

You might want to take a look in STRAIN's deh file, at the entry for "Thing 24 (Decompress Daemon)". It's a replacement for the SS Nazi which ended up not being used. They used Missile damage = 500, possibly on the basis that "it's the only way to be sure".

But I can telefrag a Cyberdemon in one hit. Is 1000 the least amount that can damage an invincible thing, but telefrags still cause more?
I thought that god-mode resists all damages except telefrags, which instead of directly killing, cause huge damage.

You don't want to do a damage above 2621 else there's an overflow in the impulse calculation and the target will fly towards the attacker. Some source ports might have coded around this.

Interesting - that explains why STRAIN's Decompress Daemon sometimes has that effect.