Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mithral_Demon

Deep Water Effect Script Trouble

Helllo, I am having a bit of trouble on the Deep Water Effect Script for the Underwater colour, but I can't seem to figure out what the problem is:

script 1 OPEN
{
//Deep blue. Control sector has a sector tag of 7.
Sector_SetColor (2, 0, 0, 203);
}

Is there somthing i'm missing? I can get the water effect to happen, but not the colour for underwater.

Ty dutch, I knew something WAS wrong, I already have everything BUT the colour of underwater set up. And that 203 number is just an example, I'm using 150 since I don't want something too bright.

Great...Now i've encountered another problem... Now the problem is:

When I enter the room where swimmable water is, that part of where water is, is blue, not just the underwater. You know what I may have done wrong? <Edit<> I only need the underwater the colour I set, not the whole room =[

The ceiling of your control sector is basicly the surface of the water, and the floor of it is the bottom of your waterpool.

So you should make the ceiling of the control sector lower than the floor around your waterpool in the playing area.

Like when the floor of your playing area around the waterpool is at 128 make the ceiling of your control sector 120 or something and the floor 0 or so or whatever depth you want it to have.

Also put an water flat on the ceiling of your control sector.

I know that already, but this is what I think worked better for it as it makes it more realistic (sort of):

Control Sector-
Ceiling- 270 (Same as Sector 8).
Floor- 70 (Water pool, Fake floor on Sect 8)

Affected Sector-
Ceiling- 270 (Same as control)
Floor- -40 (True floor)

Well, yeah, lol, but still technically the 'Deep Water Effect', as it does have swimmable water and actually like a large pond for fish.