• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
funduke

GZDoom 1.0.24 is released!

Graf Zahl has released GZDoom 1.0.24.
Get it here. As Graf Zahl says:

The most important additions are some Skulltag features and massively improved texture and sprite scaling precision.

You might also like the new startup screen and support for ENDOOM.

Oh, and the explosion bug has been fixed of course.

ORGASMIC!
Just out of curiosity though, what exactly is ENDOOM?

Good news, that. ENDOOM support is kind of a meh feature though...

*still wants Hacx to be added to the IWADS list...*

leileilol said:
there's no 'endoom' support in quake yet :/

I was just thinking how id Software added a credits window in the Yes/No Quit screen for WinQuake, instead of the quit messages, because the end screen (ENDOOM equivalent) didn't work anymore.

Certainly ENDOOM isn't a critical item for the functionality of the game, but it's good to be able to see it, since wads can contain info there that the authors wanted the players to see.

Naked Snake said:

Good news, that. ENDOOM support is kind of a meh feature though...

Certainly true. But since all the required functionality was already there, why not invest 10 minutes for it?

*still wants Hacx to be added to the IWADS list...*

Hacx is not an IWAD.

Graf Zahl said:

Certainly true. But since all the required functionality was already there, why not invest 10 minutes for it?

True.

Hacx is not an IWAD.

So? :-P

Graf Zahl said:

Why should it be in the IWAD list if it isn't an IWAD? ;)

I dunno, I've always felt that since Hacx was a commercial product, even though it failed, it deserves so recognition :-P

Gotta feel bad for those guys, they worked hard on Hacx and then Quake gets released and everybody goes "LOL DOOM ENGINE?" Kinda sucks.

Plus I just hate command lines :-P

It's the only commercial product using the Doom engine that has ACTUALLY been released as freeware. :'(

Graf Zahl said:

Hacx is not an IWAD.

Is Deathkings of the Dark Citadel an iwad?

Greetings
Funduke

funduke said:

Is Deathkings of the Dark Citadel an iwad?

Greetings
Funduke

Yes and no. It's marked as an IWAD but can't be loaded as one.

so what's the problem with listing hacx as an iwad? gzdoom obviously knows enough to simply load deathkings as a pwad while listing it as an iwad.

1. Commercial or not, Hacx is not an official id release. It's just a PWAD.
2. It requires a Dehacked lump so the commercial WAD cannot be loaded as is. I think this disqualifies it by default. And if someone dares to mention Chex Quest I'll say the same thing again.

Naked Snake said:

Plus I just hate command lines :-P

Click and drag onto the exe file.

Hey we didn't have this listed at doomworld sourceports page. I am ashamed. Added it now.

Graf Zahl said:

1. Commercial or not, Hacx is not an official id release. It's just a PWAD.

While it's not on the id software website or anything, they DID pay Id for the license to sell Hacx as a commercial addon.

kristus said:
While it's not on the id software website or anything, they DID pay Id for the license to sell Hacx as a commercial addon.

But it wasn't published by them like Heretic and Final DOOM were, and was also eventually rereleased as a common addon.

Graf Zahl said:

And if someone dares to mention Chex Quest I'll say the same thing again.

Chex Quest. :P

Hey, it is a true IWAD, after all...

xbolt said:

Chex Quest. :P

Hey, it is a true IWAD, after all...

I know it is. But I also know that the version I found somewhere is illegal (it contains most of Doom's resources) and won't play without a Dehacked patch - making direct support for it problematic.

Graf Zahl said:

But I also know that the version I found somewhere is illegal (it contains most of Doom's resources)

Then it's the official version, which is indeed illegal and uses Ultimate Doom resources.

The 'fixed' versions that don't have these resources are locked for Legacy support only (boo source port elitism)

leileilol said:

The 'fixed' versions that don't have these resources are locked for Legacy support only (boo source port elitism)

That could be partially because Legacy is the only port that added Chex Quest support.

And CQ doesn't use most of Doom's resources, just the maps, music, and a few graphics. (None of the sprites)

Sign in to follow this