Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tormentor667

[WIP] Black Inferno

Looks good!
I have 2 complaints though;

1. The skybox seems very square... try to make the lines with the mountain and the flame textures a circle. I know it's hard to keep the dimensions for the textures correct, but it's certainly possible and worth the effort!

2. The hole in the wall (third screenshot, second post) could use some work. It would look so much better if the bricks would align with the edges of the hole!

It still looks nice though, so keep it up ;)

Looks good. We can still expect a map from you for cc3 right?

Edit: Came back and am still out on the skybox. Just looks out of place next to the textures.

Use3D said:

Looks good. We can still expect a map from you for cc3 right?

Uh... I thought this died?! Is it still alive?! O_o

Tormentor667 said:

Uh... I thought this died?! Is it still alive?! O_o

Yeah, you asked for a slot back in December is all. The cc3 forum has been quite active since then, you didn't notice?

@Antidote - I do, consider this as a small "pause" ;)

@Use3D - Damn... I catched some rumors months ago about the cancel of CC3... but I am happy to hear it's still there so I will most likely check the forums and start the map as soon as I am done with this one ;) Thx for the note!

I love those screens. Very gothicy. :)

Tormentor667 said:

@Use3D - Damn... I catched some rumors months ago about the cancel of CC3... but I am happy to hear it's still there so I will most likely check the forums and start the map as soon as I am done with this one ;) Thx for the note!

If you do, I hope you are able to map super quickly, the wad is due the 27th of this month.

CC3 is still up and running, though it's a boom-compatible project, and as has already been mentioned the proposed deadline isn't too far off.

Nice, atmospheric looking screenshots as usual. I think those rocky textures from Hexen are some of the best terrain textures about. I've always thought your maps could be greatly improved by having more floor-height variation, ledges etc. Most of the rooms in those screens look a bit 'flat' to me, though some do seem to show some changes in floor-height, so hopefully the finished thing won't be completely flat.

@Flange - Yeah, this got mentioned with Austerity so I tried to change this a bit here. I've got floor height differences of about 512 units in the whole map so it did indeed change ;) Conc. the deadline... that's getting hard... beyond I thought CC3 was for ZDoom?! :(

Well in any case this is a tad bit of a change of pace for you. I'm used to seeing you make maps with tech themes (although UTNT is not that techy) so I am sort of looking forward to this. As well as your numerous other projects in the works.