Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bucket

I am heavy weapons guy.

i am wasting development time on presentation rather than game because we can't rehash any more than this must think of excuse to delay ep 2!

1. It was probably some people outside of the development team that created this.

2. The company probably made them do it.

3. I can't wait for the Engineer to make some turrets and kick some ass, too.

I always played Pyro, he's my favorite (especially in his new incarnation)

I'll admit, I don't think I've ever been excited for Valve to release anything, until now : )

leileilol said:

i am wasting development time on presentation rather than game because we can't rehash any more than this must think of excuse to delay ep 2!

i am bored of games so i'm just going complain about them!

Bucket said:

Seriously? Pyro??
You do know the point of the game is to win, right?

Do something wrong long enough and you'll get it right.
[obligatory]Like your mom and raising kids[/obligatory]

Couldn't resist.

Sadly it will probably be released over Valve, which I absolutely abhor especially after it raped my modem.

Bucket said:

Seriously? Pyro??

Quoted for truth.

My favorite class was the engineer. I had a simple strategy.

1. Set up sentry gun in most annoying place possible.
2. Load up shotgun and go for the enemy flag.
3. Lob EMP grenades at any HWGs or soldiers I crossed paths with.

I was usually the medic (Quake TF). I always liked jumping in the water on 2fort5, setting a concussion grenade, and blowing myself onto the enemy deck. Scouts can do that too, but they don't have grenades to use to get up the enemy elevator, or enough armor to survive one if they tried. I've seen more "WTF HAX!!1" type reactions than just about anywhere as I prime a grenade and hold it until it explodes and end up shooting right up to the enemy catwalk in rock2. I'd then spread 'teh aids' to the snipers up there and generally cause all sorts of havoc.

Aaahhhh, good times...

Bucket said:

They're doing what now? Why the hell would you remove grenades??

Probably because of the game being on several platforms. You can't do crazy shit with a controller. :/

I hardly think that's the case. Halo has a grenade button. We even see the Demoman's MIRV grenade in the teaser trailer. I can understand limiting a class to its unique grenade type, MAYBE, but getting rid of grenades altogether seems ridiculous.

That reminds me: the Fortress Forever team pisses me off. They're all just a 1337455 bunch of conc-jumping tards. They're getting rid of half of the other classes' tricks like the nail-grenade exploit and some of the engie's things, but they're leaving conc-jumping in. Because conc-jumping was an originally intended feature, right?

The Engineer without both grenades would make him too vulnerable in a firefight, and totally throw off the balance of the game. If they're going to do that, I'm just going to stick to being the pimped-out Engineer in the Battlefield games.

Bucket said:

I hardly think that's the case. Halo has a grenade button. We even see the Demoman's MIRV grenade in the teaser trailer. I can understand limiting a class to its unique grenade type, MAYBE, but getting rid of grenades altogether seems ridiculous.

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200703/N07.0327.1745.51023.htm?Page=2

Sorry. :/

Bucket said:

That reminds me: the Fortress Forever team pisses me off. They're all just a 1337455 bunch of conc-jumping tards. They're getting rid of half of the other classes' tricks like the nail-grenade exploit and some of the engie's things, but they're leaving conc-jumping in. Because conc-jumping was an originally intended feature, right?

As for conc-jumping, I think it was actually intended in TFC, it was discovered in Quake TF. The teleporters were added in a valve patch when they started this whole Steam thing, so I can see why they would want them gone and have it as it was before. 8]

He made me think of the Heavy Weapons Dude, which I bet he's based on.

Anyway, never played Team Fortress.

I've lost interest in this one because it's starting to look like TF repackaged for consoles, with things either removed or tweaked to facilitate better "console-style" play. I've even heard Valve is going to use CS's "cone of fire" aiming system in this one, too, which negates what Valve said earlier about going back to TF's hardcore roots. Then again, Valve has a nasty habit of failing to deliver on their promises.

I really don't understand why releasing on every major platform and making every version play the same is so important. Just make two different versions: one simplified for consoles and one for the hardcore PC audience. That way you avoid "you got your chocolate in my peanut butter!" situations or forcing the PC audience to play a dumbed down package.

Snarboo said:

I really don't understand why releasing on every major platform and making every version play the same is so important. Just make two different versions: one simplified for consoles and one for the hardcore PC audience. That way you avoid "you got your chocolate in my peanut butter!" situations or forcing the PC audience to play a dumbed down package.

yay
See also Deus Ex 2.

Da Spadger said:

The thing about removing grenades was making me vomit with rage until I read that bit of the interview. Now I actually see their viewpoint. I always hated respawning on an exploding grenade just because some noob couldn't get kills any other way. I'm going to miss EMP grenades with my engineer. Or rather, I would if I intended to play this game.

Bucket said:

I can't wait to see what they do for engineer.
ENG 4 LIF!

Almost

Zoost said:

Zoost's Youtube vid.

I really how the Spy wears a business man's suit and a random ski-mask, it makes him look classy. That's how I'd rob someone.

The part where the scout knocksout the Pyro is hilarious. It goes to show the Pyro is useless. What is going to become of the Pyro anyways? He did not receive any special clip, and they only showed him twice. Once with the Heavy/Sniper, and the other with the Scout beating him with a bat. I know no one played the Pryo, do you think they are going to take him out?

I don't know, but I wish they had showed the medic a bit more. He looked like a hotel clerk in that video.

kristus said:

He made me think of the Heavy Weapons Dude, which I bet he's based on.

Anyway, never played Team Fortress.

Of course he's based on it. Doom(II) holds the inspiration for all 21st century FPSs. [/...]

At least his gun is faster.

Bucket said:

Seriously? Pyro??

I always played Pyro and I always did extremely well. It's hard to concentrate on killing someone while you're on fire. It helped that virtually noone else played Pyro, so people weren't used to dealing with them.