Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baronofhell

Transformers Update

I know I've recently started a thread about the upcoming live-action Transformers movie, but that thread is long dead. So I've decided to start a new one so I can share with you this brand new exclusive trailer that's going to be shown before Shrek the Third this weekend. It's a bad ass trailer, a little over 2 minutes long, and I had to share it with you all. Enjoy!

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/transformers.html

Click on the exclusive trailer one, enjoy it in HD if you can!!

Wow, I think I will watch it after all. Too bad they still put a corny love story in there though (judging from the trailer, of course).

Do I spy Starscream? And he doesn't turn into a crappy space jet!

Not to mention that them keeping the traditional transformation sound (at least when Optimus transforms) is a big plus.

alexz721 said:

Too bad they still put a corny love story in there though

But a Transformer sex scene would be so worth it. Too bad about the MPAA rating.

GGG said:

But a Transformer sex scene would be so worth it. Too bad about the MPAA rating.

More than meets the eye!

Arcee, the female bot from the 86 movie, was going to be in this film. But for some reason, I forgot why, she was replaced with Ironhide, the one that turns into a GMC topkick pick up truck.

baronofhell said:

Arcee, the female bot from the 86 movie, was going to be in this film. But for some reason, I forgot why, she was replaced with Ironhide, the one that turns into a GMC topkick pick up truck.

"for some reason"? Because Arcee SUCKS, maybe?

They should have the Junkbots and their leader make a comeback. Eric Idle reprising his role of course. "Offer expires while you wait!" Best part of the movie.

here's some more transformers fun.

Looks like the folks doing marketing for the new live-action Transformers movie are enjoying tweaking some of the fan-boys with these hidden easter egg movies on the SectorSeven.org game site for the movie. You can only get into the site via a code embedded in the trailer we saw earlier. Once you submit, you're treated to some exclusive video including some nods to a bunch of Generation One fun -- including everyone's favorite robot that transforms into a T-Rex, an Insecticon, a certain Lazer-like Decepticon and even Generation One Bumblebee. Check the videos out above we made from the site. – Ray Wert

http://jalopnik.com/cars/robots-in-disguise%27%27%27in-disguise/transformers-movie-update-sector-seven-video-gives-nod-to-dinobots-insecticons-lazerbeak-and-generation-one-bumblebee-261435.php

Danarchy said:

They should have the Junkbots and their leader make a comeback. Eric Idle reprising his role of course. "Offer expires while you wait!" Best part of the movie.

Ah yes, the Junkions. The best part of the movie was when they have the big dance party to "Born to be Stupid"

I think the leader was named Wreck-Gar.

Bank said:

Ah yes, the Junkions. The best part of the movie was when they have the big dance party to "Born to be Stupid"

Yup Wreck-Gar was the Junkion leader, and that scene when they where dancing is called "Dare to be Stupid" by Wierd Al. Awesome scene. I thought the whole movie was brilliant for something out of the 80's.

Btw didn't they want to put Soundwave with the casset as his alternate mode in the new movie, but due to the size changing thing concerning reality, they cant?

Inferno said:

Yup Wreck-Gar was the Junkion leader, and that scene when they where dancing is called "Dare to be Stupid" by Wierd Al. Awesome scene. I thought the whole movie was brilliant for something out of the 80's.

Btw didn't they want to put Soundwave with the casset as his alternate mode in the new movie, but due to the size changing thing concerning reality, they cant?

Yeah that's the name of the song, and Soundwave won't be appearing for that reason exactally. The same idea applies with Megatron's gun mode. Supposedly they'll be including Soundwave in the sequel to "get him right"

Who knows.

Cool find VileSlay. Man it would be awesome to see the Dinobots kicking ass live action, even if it's just good ol' Grimlock. Always liked those dolts. I remember that scene in the animated movie when one of the four legged ones busts through a door and tramples a decepticon underneath.

"'scuse me!"

Comedy gold.

Bank said:

Ah, that's what they were. I was never big into Transformers, but I loved the movie. Considering I didn't see it until I was like 21, that's kind of saying a lot.

Actually Soundwave's alt mode was a boom box. And they do have a decepticon that turns into a boombox in this movie, Frenzy(who looks absolutely nothing like Soundwave). Anyway, the trailers look awesome(there's different versions with new footage floating on the internet) but I'm afraid they're showing to much of the action and leaving nothing left to be desired come July 4th. There is a couple of bots that they've shown next to nothing of(Brawl, Ratchet, Jazz) and I hope they keep it that way until the movie hits. What I'm trying to say is, I don't want these trailers to spoil the movie!!!

EDIT: Here's one of the other versions

universalpictures.nl/bioscoop/data/trans/trailerf.html

JoelMurdoch said:

Cool find VileSlay. Man it would be awesome to see the Dinobots kicking ass live action, even if it's just good ol' Grimlock. Always liked those dolts. I remember that scene in the animated movie when one of the four legged ones busts through a door and tramples a decepticon underneath.

"'scuse me!"

Comedy gold.

yeah that was slag, the triceratop. there were a bunch of golden moments in there. like in the junkion scenes thats been tossed around in this thread, where the junkion kisses grimlock and he say "me grimlock not kisser, me king!" I busted a gut on that when I first saw it. that movie did kinda blow my mind tho killin prime and a bunch of the G1 originals.

I'm actually a bit more psyched for the movie now seeing some of the action in the new trailer. I know it's not gonna live up to the originals, but I'll give it a chance.

It's not going to live up to the original because it's not trying to. Treat it like what it is - a whole new deal, based on the original. The cartoons were one thing (kids stuff, albeit entertaining and curiously endearing even when I watch them today), this is something else, a honest to God, straight up action flick. Let's face it, would a live action film that follows the cartoons note for note even work? For the kids, maybe. For the adults? No. They are clearly aiming for an older market here than the cartoon did.

Don't let yourself be that guy. You know, the one who bitches "primes paint job is different OMG michal bay u suck i hope u die!" Nobody likes that guy. Well, except other guys like that guy. But no one likes them either.

Just sit back, don't overthink, don't stress the little things. You never know, you might just be surprised.

In the trailer, I noticed there were two(or more?) jets launching missiles towards Ironhide. I thought Starscream was the only Decepticon that turns into a jet, Megatron turns into an alien jet, and these jets were clearly man made. A surprise maybe? Meh, I just thought of it. Probably another man piloted jet trying to shoot down Starscream.

In Generation 1 there were many Decepticons who turned into jets: Starscream, Apeface, Blitzwing, Skywarp, Thundercracker, Dirge, Thrust ...

Well in this movie supposedly the only Decepticon that is a jet in alt-mode is Starscream. In case some of you don't know, here's a list of the bots for the movie:

Decepticons:
Megatron, Starscream, Barricade, Blackout, Bonecrusher, Scorponok, Frenzy, and Brawl

Autobots:
Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Ironhide, Ratchet, and Jazz

baronofhell said:
In case some of you don't know, here's a list of the bots for the movie

Aww, how disappointing. Many of my favourites aren't there. :-(

Don't worry, a script is being prepared and the two main stars of this movie are already signed on for a sequel. Soundwave and Shockwave are two early announcements to possibly make the second film. All of this would be out the window if the movie tanks though, which I highly doubt it will. By the way, did anybody notice the vehicle Bumblebee was parked next to at the beginning of the trailer? Little "easter egg" for us, heh.

Bank said:

I call for another Coronation Scene.

Lmao I loved that scene in the origional. "Coronation Starscream? This is bad comedy!"

If they do actually make a second one, how cool would it be to have Unicron in it?