Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Isle

starcraft2

3:00 - FMV sequence in a spaceship - looks Terran - zooming in on a metal door - door opening - reveals a guy with a cigar in chains - prisoner - door shuts behind him - there's so much bass the room is shaking - guy steps into some kind of metallic devicce - legs are strapped in - guy rising toward ceiling - Korean text on screen got people very excited - another part of the machine is dropping metal arms on him - machine whirring - applying armor to his torso - extremly detailed visuals here - now guy is strapping on gloves - armor is molding together - seems like a Terran marine - rockets turn on - zerg now onscreen - Marine delivers a line - StarCraft 2 officially announced.

Full, English-language version of the cinematic and artwork trailers available here. Apparently the gameplay trailer will be up tommorow.

I'm actually a little dissapointed. It seems evolutionary, instead of the revolution Warcraft 2 to 3 was. Looks like the original with a few new units and better graphics. Hopefully Blizzard can prove me wrong on this one.

I just want to see a continuation of the storyline. They set the sequel up for so much. ZOMG Xel'Naga. I'm going to bet they'll be a playable race in the expansion pack.

Looks pretty good to me, and I'm actually a little excited for once. :D If they can keep the original gameplay while adding a bevy of new, cool and balanced units/structures, than I'm all for it.

udderdude said:

I'm actually a little dissapointed. It seems evolutionary, instead of the revolution Warcraft 2 to 3 was. Looks like the original with a few new units and better graphics.

Doom 2 was evolutionary, Doom 3 revolutionary. Doom 2 seemed to catch more popularity years after its release, than Doom 3 (compare the quantity of addons created). I'm not that skeptical on an evolutionary product's quality.

I'm not very fond of Warcraft 3 -- besides the good stuff, it also loaded the rather clean Warcraft theme with Starcraft-gathered motifs and stereotypes. I also dare say Warcraft 3 looks worse than Warcraft 2, because of using blocky models instead of intelligible sprites (though Warcraft 1 also was/is bad).

So go Starcraft 2 the way udderdude suspects will be like. :)

udderdude said:

I'm actually a little dissapointed. It seems evolutionary, instead of the revolution Warcraft 2 to 3 was. Looks like the original with a few new units and better graphics. Hopefully Blizzard can prove me wrong on this one.

But there was no gameplay differences between Starcraft and Warcraft 3. You're comparing two games with too much of a time span in between them.

caco_killer said:

Doom 3 was revolutionary? LMAO.

I don't know, I considered that "evolutionary" means adding something new to an almost identical engine (see Doom 2, Descent 2, Baldur's Gate 2), while "revolutionary" means wiping out everything old, to define a new, more powerful engine, adding a new dimension, trying to recapture...

Actually yeah, compared SOLELY to Doom 1 and Doom 2, Doom 3 IS revolutionary. I think I'm right I hope.

printz said:

I don't know, I considered that "evolutionary" means adding something new to an almost identical engine (see Doom 2, Descent 2, Baldur's Gate 2), while "revolutionary" means wiping out everything old, to define a new, more powerful engine, adding a new dimension, trying to recapture...

Actually yeah, compared SOLELY to Doom 1 and Doom 2, Doom 3 IS revolutionary. I think I'm right I hope.

Revolutionary is a term that can be only applied in regards to a game's immediate predeccesors and peers. Otherwise you might as well be comparing Pong to Starcraft 2.

I might be heading out to Blizzcon this year so I'm pretty excited to hear about this.

Hell, it's about DAMN time.

From what I've seen they're pretty far with the developement. Screenshots seem like they've first focused on Protoss (interface), but it also looks like it's already playable. Perhaps in alpha stages.

I think that - despite all the facts - we can expect a beta or even a demo much sooner than it could be suspected form starcraft2.com FAQ.

Welcome back, magistrate.

KEKEKEKEKEKE ZERG RUSH OMG ^-^

This is awesome. I was first thinking Diablo 3 but this is perfect. I'm so happy especially since I got back into playing starcraft a few days ago coincidentally.

It looks good too. And it looks much more promising than Warcraft 3. Im curious about when it comes out, but being a blizzard game its probably not gonna come out anytime soon.

Haven't played Starcraft, probably won't play SC2.

I'll stick with Total Annihilation.

Eh I tried TA, I find it passable.

Starcraft 2 looks really good... the new protos units look like something out of war of the worlds or something. Looks like its going to be fun.

Planky said:

Haven't played Starcraft, probably won't play SC2.

I'll stick with Total Annihilation.

Holy crap, a TA fan who hasn't become obsessed with Supreme Commander! :P

Personally, I'm hoping they keep it similar to the original and not go the way of WarCraft III (ie, heroes). More story, more Kerrigan, and more huge battles (and maybe some new Fastest Map Possible designs for multiplayer? Yeah, I'm one of those people) are my biggest wishes, not revolutionary gameplay.