Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VileSlay

The Joker Revealed

the link at the end of this post shows the first pic of heath ledger as the joker. this was revealed via a two part viral campaign for the dark knight. the first site was http://www.ibelieveinharveydent.com, an "election campaign" website and http://www.ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com, a "defaced" version of the first site. the later sight had you enter your email and a generated code. you would then get an email with a url and an x-y coordinate. this coordinate would clear on pixel from the poster and eventually, thru mass participation, reveal the face of the joker. so what do you guys think of the new joker?

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=5716

What, no green hair? I like how it looks like he sliced himself a bigger smile though.

leileilol said:

i believe in having a life.

And yet you persist in posting here.

The cut lips looks creepy.

This is a sequel to Batman Begins, right?

I think it looks great, and very consistent with the atmosphere of Batman Begins.

I had my doubts when they cast Heathbar, but it looks like he may just pull it off. This is the kind of look I had hoped for. Now all they have to do is get an R rating and this movie will rock.
(probably won't happen)

The Scarecrow is my favorite Batman character and sadly I thought his character (though closely comic related) was weak. I'm sure Joker has enough up to make a really good villain in the next film.

It's one thing to look the part, but can he act it? Most people have a pretty specific image of who the Joker is and what he's like. As far as I know Heath Ledger has never done a role even remotely like that, not to say he's not capable of it however.

Woody Harrelson said the same thing about himself when Oliver Stone wanted him for Mickey Knox in "Natural born killers".

Searcher said:

Jack Nicholson was perfect as the Joker.

I agree I liked him playing the Joker, the new Joker looks creepy not funny at all.

Yea, I personally like the Jack Nicholson version of the Joker. Though the Heath version isn't bad either.

The new one, Heath, does look a bit creepy, not funny. Jack looked almost exactly like the joker from the comics of 30 years ago. And what is a joker that is not funny?

just an update. the site ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com has been changed. if you go the site now it's just a black page with "page not found" in red, but if you highlight the entire page it is filled with laughter (ha ha ha in different sizes and cases). mixed in with the laughter is a string of letters that spell "see you in december". the publicity company that made the harvey dent website have already registered seeyouindecember.com.

I agree with the bulk of you guys who say that jack was a great joker. he had that nice mix of humor, sadism, and pure insanity. cesar was great as well, especially the way he completely over acted the part and his laugh was great. I actually like the joker, voiced by mark hammil, from the batman the animated series that was put out in the 90's the best. he was hilarious, sadistic, and he had awesome gags and props.

He will have green hair, as confirmed by this recently released set pic: ttp://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0468569/Ss/0468569/ProductionShot.jpg.html?path=gallery&path_key=0468569

In hindsight, it's not that I didn't care for Jack's performance exactly, I just think Burton could have afforded to actually read the comic that his movie was based on.. Until Nolan, I had lost my faith of a decent, fairly accurate representation of Batman on film.

I can't wait to see what Nolan will do with the Joker, and how Ledger will portray him.

After seeing Batman Returns... I mean the last Batman movie, its a darker tone. I would say the new Joker is one of those sadistic people that feels he is funny... but no one else thinks he is funny... like a kid that blows up a rabbit with an M80 then laughs for days about it.

The original Joker in any form was just a ha ha funny silly, goofy nutball. Like the kind you find in cartoons or comics :-)