28 Weeks Later...

Like or Dislike?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Like or Dislike?

• Yeah i liked it.
    • It was Okay.
    • Disapointing.
    • Haven`t seen it.

So did anyone see this film? If so, post what you thought about it, did you find it good or bad?

For me, i thought it was a bit of a dissapointment. Although i did like the special effects (Mainly the helicopter decapation) and Jeremy Renner was probably the best character. But i didn't like the camera panning, and it did seem like just a big Screamer prank, rather than a movie.

Whats your view?

AT LEAST as good as the first movie, which was sweet. This one kept going at a steady pace, and I never found myself getting bored through hallow dialouge, or with stupid female and child characters slowly everything down.

I wasn't a a huge fan of the first half of the film, with relying on a lot of jump scares, but after that, it was pretty much gold.

I thought the first one kinda sucked, so probably won't bother seeing this one. I've pretty much given up on the entire "horror" genre really.

I liked it quite a bit. There were some 'cheap' scares, but there was plenty other great atmospheric stuff going on that I wasn't too upset when (for example) a massive bloody guy appeared out of nowhere, smashing through shit. Did anyone else really like the main theme song that played whenever things started to go bad? Pretty nice apocalyptic tune.

The first movie was great. The second one was better, I think. I'm ready for 28 Months Later. It's a pretty solid zombie series so far.

EDIT: I'm not a horror movie fan at all, I'm saw it because of the zombies.

TheCupboard said:

Did anyone else really like the main theme song that played whenever things started to go bad? Pretty nice apocalyptic tune.

Yeah i liked that song. I tried looking for it in places, no luck so far. =(

I haven't been to a movie since they banned smoking and BYOB. That was like 1985 or something. I'll wait till it shows up on cable.

I liked it. The helicopter scene was classic.
I wasn't blown away (nor was I expecting to be), but this is a solid horror movie.

DooMAD said:

I thought the first one kinda sucked, so probably won't bother seeing this one. I've pretty much given up on the entire "horror" genre really.

You should check out "The Descent". Pretty good horror movie I have seen in years.

Both movies are very flawed but they both worked to a degree. These are movies I enjoy seeing one and never again.

One of the best movies I've seen this year. The ineffective cheap scares and the 'this song worked in the first one so...' theme that they replayed constantly were pretty bad no-nos, but it still didn't bug me enough :D Super.

TheCupboard said:

Did anyone else really like the main theme song that played whenever things started to go bad? Pretty nice apocalyptic tune.

Few soundtracks can find a song that fits the dramatic and emotional scenes very well, without seeming cheesy or cliché. I can only say that, right now, the song in 28 Days/Weeks later, and Rooney - Sleep Song (in The Chumscrubber) are the only two tracks in newer film to have done it well.

EDIT: ^Nevermind, others come to mind.

I own the 28 Days Later soundtrack, you can find it there. It's titled In The House - In A Heartbeat.

Coopersville said:

Few soundtracks can find a song that fits the dramatic and emotional scenes very well, without seeming cheesy or cliché.

I think Clint Mansell is a master of that art. His soundtracks to Requiem for a Dream and The Fountain were dramatic enough to bring tears to your eye but didn't seem at all out of place.

Actually, I agree. I don't like Requiem For a Dream, as far as the movie itself is concerned, but I was big fan of the soundtrack.

This was a good movie. My friends are obsessed with it and claim that it rocks in all aspects but in my opinion not everything was "perfect" but very damn good.

And the chopper scene kicked ass. Best part of the movie imo.

never seen it, but looks like another zombie movie. so, i probably won't...

after The Hills Have Eyes i lost interest in all of the "people eating people" movies. it get's old after awhile