Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Craigs

Knee Deep in ZDoom released

After a few leaks and an agonizing wait, Knee Deep in ZDoom is finally available for download! You can download it here.

wow. it certainly doesn't FEEL like E1 did.

i mean it looks great, plays okay (but a little TOO hard... it's E1, not plutonia!)

but it doesn't feel very E1ish at all. i'm actually kind of disappointed, i was hoping for something creepier and more suspenseful, much like the original game.

they did a good job otherwise, though.

I'll say what I said in the other thread: I want those two hours of my life back, and I want them back right fucking now.

Lamneth said:

I'll say what I said in the other thread: I want those two hours of my life back, and I want them back right fucking now.

...and I'll say again that if you spent two full hours you didn't like, that was 119 minutes you could have decided to quit.

Well maybe I should quit now because I've played about 10 minutes of it or so and haven't enjoyed one of them.

This really isn't very good so far.

Risen said:

...and I'll say again that if you spent two full hours you didn't like, that was 119 minutes you could have decided to quit.

I wanted to give it a chance, to properly and better judge it instead of not giving it one. What kind of person plays just 8 seconds of something and makes a decision? There is wisdom in NOT judging something by the first 8 seconds.

fatal error message in gzdoom, if it won't run in gzdoom I won't bother with it. anyone else with problems?

@dethtoll ^^ I knew that was the first question someone would ask. Dammit the first thing I did was to download the newest version of both zdoom and gzdoom. It turned out I already had them.

Why cant all wads be like this, EVEYONE STOP PUTTING GAY CACOS AND IMPS IN YOUR MAPS AND START PUTTING GOAT MONSTERS.

Risen said:

We never expected it to suit everyone's tastes.

Oh really? Some members of the team certainly did sound like it back in the hype era, stuffing 'KDIZD WILL ROCK YOUR WORLD' down everyone's throats.

My issue with this is still the same. What did all that development time go into? Why are some of the maps virtually the same as they were in the 2005 leak? If the last phase was dedicated to testing, why didn't anyone bother with at least going through the maps and making some basic things consistent (as essel pointed out in his post over at zdoom.org)? Why are the maps overloaded with varying themes and textures making even the best architecture look ugly? etc etc

I've focused on the visuals because this is what this wad was supposed to deliver. I'm not even going to bother discussing the gameplay.

I just can't enjoy this wad after all I've seen involving the team. Clearly it's not a good reason, but with team members who constantly gloat about how better their project is than others, and how good they are at mapping, I just can't bring myself to play it. You can say that you all were being sarcastic, and funny, but you clearly were not. I just can't have fun with this wad knowing it was made by people like you (The kdizd team).

Those people will also admit they made a mistake.

I could care less how long it took. I don't build Doom mods on a schedule.

Noticed some bugs : looking at the AMMO box from a certain angle makes it clip into the floor in GZDoom

I assume that 3d bridge was supposed to actually work in Map01.

Thanks, community members, for proving once again how selfish and childish you are. Kudos, the bulk of you are retarded.

and because people who don't like needlessly difficult gameplay are nazis.

and because people who were expecting something suitably E1-ish and are expressing their disappointment are baby fuckers.

is that what you were trying to say, steve?

dethtoll said:

and because people who don't like needlessly difficult gameplay are nazis.

There's skill levels! If you insist playing on UV you are an idiot. Yes, the first map on UV is indeed hard. So what? Why should we implement skill levels if that makes the lower ones worthless?

and because people who were expecting something suitably E1-ish and are
expressing their disappointment are baby fuckers.

Did you really expect anything else after seeing the screenshots out there?

It hasn't even been out for a full 24 hours yet, and there is already conflict! You guys don't waste any time, do you? :p

I played a bit of E1M1 on my PC that's sound is currently broken, and it was pretty cool even without it. I'll play through the whole thing on a better PC soon. (Hopefully tomorrow)

Ah the result of what happens when you have the biggest egos in the community under the umbrella of one project, and people show honest dissatisfaction for said project after stroking said egos for so long. Such beauty.