Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vegeta

The age of the doomguy

How old do you think is the doomguy (status bar face), excluding the years that have passed since DOOM was released.

Personaly I give him 35 or so, may be 38.

You pretty much got it right, he can't be any younger with that face :-) He could however be well into his 40s, I've seen several martial artists and drill sergeants in their 40s or even near-50s looking just like Doomguy.

I'd say he'd be hitting his late twenties, like 28 or 29. He's a hardened marine, but he still has his boyish qualities, like when he picks up a BFG and his face just lights up.

wouldnt yours if you picked up a big-ass weapon like that?

I say around 25-30, still young, but the training, stress, and such makes him look older than that.

If he was any older than 26, I highly doubt he'd be a grunt still. He's gotta be in his 20s still, at the ages you guys are thinking, he'd be a Sergeant Major or someting by then :-P

Naked Snake said:
If he was any older than 26, I highly doubt he'd be a grunt still.

Unless he was demoted for what he did to a superior.

myk said:

Unless he was demoted for what he did to a superior.

Was his origional rank mentioned?

DJShrimpy said:

He'd shit his pants on E1M1.

Most 12 year old boys I've seen would be more like WOW AWESOME BLOOD COOL...then get eaten for standing there staring at a pinky in awe.

The Quake 2 marine looks like around 27, while the Quake 1 one is about 49 (though his voice seems younger). I guess the Doom guy is somewhere between -- 38 years old. But what can tell this? The face and the voice? Kinda little. But the Doom marine can't be too young because he'd need some experience too.

Lamneth said:

Most 12 year old boys I've seen would be more like WOW AWESOME BLOOD COOL...

Umm... what?

Naked Snake said:

If he was any older than 26, I highly doubt he'd be a grunt still. He's gotta be in his 20s still, at the ages you guys are thinking, he'd be a Sergeant Major or someting by then :-P

That's ranks only careerists reach. Actual warriors usually stop at a captain degree. Atleast here in Sweden.

fraggle said:

Over NINE THOUSAND!!!

Haha, totally agree about that.

Negative one hundred fifty or so. This takes place sometime in the future, remember?

kristus said:

That's ranks only careerists reach. Actual warriors usually stop at a captain degree. Atleast here in Sweden.

Oh I'm sorry, I thought this was AMERICA.

I've always thought early-mid 30s, he seems like the kind of brooding character who joins the military because he has no other place in life be stoic and cool.

that mothafucker is around 30. don't forget, you don't HAVE to join the military straight outta high school, so the rank/age comparisons can be off

Bank said:

Oh I'm sorry, I thought this was AMERICA.

I'm sorry, I thought Doom was set on phobos and deimos? I've never been to America, but they don't show the impaled dying corpses and hordes of scary demons on The Simpsons so....

Anyways....yeah, mid 30's but demoted. I don't suppose anyone even dares to check out Flynn Taggart's age? lol, that's blasphemy isn't it?

wallis said:

I'm sorry, I thought Doom was set on phobos and deimos? I've never been to America, but they don't show the impaled dying corpses and hordes of scary demons on The Simpsons so....

Anyways....yeah, mid 30's but demoted. I don't suppose anyone even dares to check out Flynn Taggart's age? lol, that's blasphemy isn't it?

The Doomguy is undeniably American, just look at the hair on those knuckles.

BTW Flynn Taggart doesn't exist, it's Doomguy.