Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scabbed Angel

fallout 3 teaser!

THE WAIT IS OVER*

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/#

*for anyone who have ritualisticly replayed one and two over and over again for the last 10 years...

Looks like they will probably be changing it to a FPS rather than the classic perspective, which at first I would have minded. After the teaser, I think that could work. I love how it follows the format from the previous games' intros... and then of course
"War. War never changes..."

It's hard, no, impossible to say anything about how the game might end up from that teaser. However, I'm now even more excited about Fallout 3 than I've ever been. So the teaser did its job.

Fall 2008? So lets assume Summer 2009 at the very least. :)

; (

Yes, when the FALLOUT 3 changes to FALL, I was somewhat displeased when it was not 2007. But the awesomeness of the teaser and teh nostolgia it inspires makes up for that I suppose.

Devin Townsend is probably not going to make the soundtrack for it :(

Still, I'm stoked.

"War. War never changes."

Ron Perlman has such a cool voice.

Although it's been said many times, I hope Fallout 3 doesn't end up like Oblivion w/Guns

So many sequels coming.

Fallout 3
System Shock 3
God of War 3
Deus Ex 3
Starcraft 2
Gears of War 2 (atleast the ending suggested it very strongly)
Prey 2 (atleast the ending suggested it very strongly)
etc

That have come: (I can't think of as many)
C&C 3
God of War 2
Doom3
Quake4
etc

There's also the new Wolfenstein and Guild Wars 2.

Anyhow I thought the teaser was cool. Look forward to finding out more about Fallout 3. I just hope they don't release too much info, as I think developers do that too often but that's another rant.

I've heard this trailer uses ingame assets. If so, it's looking pretty good so far.

kristus said:

So many sequels coming.

much as i'm aware there's a dearth of creativity in the gaming industry, fallout deserves a sequel. deus ex certainly deserves a proper one.

and devin townsend is not doing the fo3 soundtrack, apparently he never was despite what his website might have said. he scored the bargain-bin console spinoff Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel.

edit: trailer looks fab. the fallout IP couldn't be in better hands.

Eh, I need to wait and see real gameplay footage.

Snarboo said:

I've heard this trailer uses ingame assets. If so, it's looking pretty good so far.

I was wondering about the low polycount of a lot of the things in the bus.

Well yeah, but in FMVs these days they usually have insane detail. I noticed the back of the chair was pretty much a box with two clipped corners, the control panel was just a texture, and the windows were just flat sprites.

Polycount in the game is surprisingly high, most griefers around the web are forgetting the bus is a fucking static decoration model abandoned in a free-roaming sea of debris. The last, wide take with the BoS is pretty high for a shader-enabled game.

When was the last time Bethesda underestimated target hardware capabilities anyway?

I wonder if the combat's going to be real time this time around?
It could be done if they borrow more from Deus Ex rather then Oblivion. It'll be interesting to see how they transfer over things like Luck.
I guess it could affect things like random encounters, gun jams and backfires, but I what about things like critical melee misses? how could you accidentally punch yourself in the face?

I hope they find a way, I want to be a jinxed with high luck character for Mr. Magoo style adventures.

Fredrik said:

Polycount is overrated.

haha WRONG GRAPHICS > GAMEPLAY VERTEX FOG LIGHTING IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN FUN

Ooooohh....I like how the game begins with your character's birth. Could end up being the longest character creation screen ever though.

Lol... I was thinking that too. It's cool though how they hide the father's face until you pick your appearance, and then he reflects you. I'll be going with japanese Liam Neesem (sp), thank you very much. Heh. I really think that they are really spending a lot of time with trying to capture the feel of the game. I read somewhere the Brian Fargo had pretty good feeling about FO3 and felt the series was in good hands. Tell that to the guys over at No Mutants Allowed forums. I'm not sure if I ever saw a bunch of people so negative and whiny about a new game... To that end, their forums are rather amusing.

I thought the nuclear catapault seemed a little... strange. But other than that I'm way excited for this. The teaser, imho, nailed the atmosphere of Fallout, and the article does seem to keep that spirit in mind.