Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EDEdDNEdDYFaN

Heh...how do I get my maps start?

I'm stupid as hell, and cannot for the life of me seem to find out how to run a map in ZDoom. When I place one of the wads I make within the folder with the rest of my wads, they all show up except for mine. Should I be doing something different other than just saving it there? Also, how would I go about running custom wads as well? Are these processes related?

Also, this is my first post here, and I hope it won't be the last. I've gotten back into Doom and I think I'm going to stay here for a while! Look forward to some maps :\? :).

(EDIT : I know about running maps through Doom Builder, but I'd rather learn how to do it normally).

Try to drag and drop the .wad file onto zdoom.exe. Other than that, there's lots of things you could be doing wrong. If I were you I would upload the map and let someone poke at it.

Are you sure you're not using any of the backups or the other things that are created when a wad is saved?

Alrighty I got it to work, thank you guys for your help. For some reason I was unable to realize that it wouldn't pop up on the list. After I realized you were supposed to go through the right game first and start on the level you are replacing, I understood D:. Thanks for the help!

Doubleclick on the wad file and tell wintendo that it should run .wad with zdoom.
This way, next time you download a map you dont even need to decompress it to play it. :)