Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Remilia Scarlet

Creationist Museum

I love some of the quotes from the supporters. "Evolution is the theory that has no evidence supporting it. Creationism is the theory that has all the evidence supporting it."

Hooray for hicks and rednecks I guess.

I was almost considering not making a side-site for my Agent Smoke webcomic which shows the world in 2063, and the USA is tiny, with Mexico having expanded northwards and Canada southwards, California becoming a seperate country and loads of hick states re-forming the Confederacy. Almost.

I’d like to visit this as well and take it as the bad comedy as it is.

The virtual tour was awesome but I wish this guy knew how to change his shutter speed and f-stop. If this were digital then changing his white balance may have made the light more natural. I'm assuming he has Parkinson’s as well.

Oh man, I like their comparisons of "Human Reason vs. God's Word". First of all, they're saying God is unreasonable...I guess. Second of all, what I'm basically seeing is "the sciency stuff is all complicated and hard to understand! God's word is simple! Which would you prefer?" Good lord. This can only be a product of the American laziness culture.

on the second page of the article, the Biblical quote which the Young Earth people take to mean that everything and everyone were vegetarian before man fell is also taken by the Rastafari movement to defend their usage of marijuana or "herb" as a holy sacrament

just a real world of example of totally different interpretations of the Bible by completely different groups of people, each with an agenda

EDIT: actually, according to Wikipedia, Genesis 1:30 is not mentioned but Genesis 1:11 ("And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.") and
Genesis 3:18 ("... thou shalt eat the herb of the field.") are, and they are in a similar vein. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rasta#Ganja

This schizophrenic "creationist" movement pretty much ridicules itself, as its sole existence is based on countering science, by mimicing its practices, producing "scientic evidence" and "museums" that try to compete with honest scientific institutions. It's little more than science mockery.

It's so petty it's more or less an insult to whatever religiousness the concept of "creation" may have.

Unfortunately it's also a political tool for liars, frauds, and pharisaical reactionaries, with money behind it.

I LOL'd at the whole "floating forest" and "variety after the flood" stuff. now isn't the process by which a craeture adapts and and new splinter species emerge called evolving? and what about less sin = less genetic mutation? LOL

I'd like to see how (state sanctioned) biological weapon and GMO research (based on genetics and evolution) manage to convive with creationism (endorsed by the current U.S. administration). I guess they research "creationist" biological weapons "granted by God" for "use against the sinners" ?

Yet another example of doublethinking?

Ok I'm pretty sure I made a post on this thread regarding one of the posted pics, but whatever I'll post here again seeing it got deleted.

The bible pic is funny, seeing how overly religious fanatics tend to be nuts.

I'm sure a lot of these creationist dumbasses don't realize that medicine is an ever-changing science too, yet don't have the gall to question it since it's life-giving...or whatever.

Texas Libra said:

I'm sure a lot of these creationist dumbasses don't realize that medicine is an ever-changing science too, yet don't have the gall to question it since it's life-giving...or whatever.

actually they question modern medicine quite a lot. which doesnt make them any smarter but it also prevents them from being hypocritical in that aspect :P