Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Can't connect to the archives

if i try to connect with my fpt client i just get

connected but then
server closed control connection

And i can't upload my work:(

Do you suffer from this problem?

A FTP mirror works for me, as I've just taken something from there (a Doom 1 wad level zip).

[CaptainObvious]
Dude, in case you didn't get it, there ain't no such thing as an "FPT" protocol for uploading files.
[/CaptainObvious]

Seriously, I'd expect an Icelander to be more computer literate, like e.g. Finns...dunno :-(

And besides, the official "archives" server has a limit of max. 5 connections per time, so even when it's not down, it can be hard to connect.

Maes said:

[CaptainObvious]
Dude, in case you didn't get it, there ain't no such thing as an "FPT" protocol for uploading files.
[/CaptainObvious]

Seriously, I'd expect an Icelander to be more computer literate, like e.g. Finns...dunno :-(

geez it's just a simple spelling error!

hardcore_gamer said:

geez it's just a simple spelling error!

Ofc we all know it was an error, but that didn't stop you from becoming the butt of the joke anyway.

Beating a dead horse is an idiom which means a particular request or line of conversation is already foreclosed, mooted, or otherwise resolved, correct? I've seen some cases where an idiot friend of mine decided to make the joke literally.
I hear and obey.

Graf Zahl said:

Very funny, guys!

The server is down and can't be accessed right now.

For how long?

It's been dead for at least 2 days now. And I know that Ty is not available for at least a few more days.

Its well known that when somebody who maintains a website goes away for a few days, the site having run perfectly for every second they have been there, it will still fuck up as soon as they leave the house

deathbringer said:

Its well known that when somebody who maintains a website goes away for a few days, the site having run perfectly for every second they have been there, it will still fuck up as soon as they leave the house

great! Really great!

deathbringer said:

Talk about it, I went away for a week last year, leaving my computer on, that had been running non stop for the last 6 months w/o any issues.

When I get back, it's dead as a doornail.

Graf Zahl said:

It's been dead for at least 2 days now. And I know that Ty is not available for at least a few more days.

mmm.... now i'll check the problem.... our so, dear hardcore_gamer, you still wait until the problem was fixed...

kristus said:

When I get back, it's dead as a doornail.

power buttons can turn off computers btw. There is no good reason to inflate the ego and waste power with uptime if you're not a server or an important bot.

archives.gamers.org/pub/idgames/incoming/

╔══════════════ FTP ══════════════╗
║ 17:10:04 "Windows socket error" ║
║ WSAECONNREFUSED                 ║
╟─────────────────────────────────╢
║               OK                ║
╚═════════════════════════════════╝

You're right, FTP isn't responding. But HTTP did come back (it was dead too).