Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Abysmal Seed

2002 Odyssey Music

Hello, fellow Doom geeks. I just recently got the 2002 Doom Odyssey WAD, and it is pure gold. To add to that, the music to it is awesome. But that is my problem: I can't find it. I can hear it through the game, of course, but I'd like to be able to somehow acquire it in a format that I could play on, say, iTunes. Does anyone here know where I could possibly get this music, or how I could extract it?

Thanks, and keep on Dooming.

In order to extract the music, you will need a Lump editing tool, such as SlumpEd or XWE. These can be found on this site. Another handy tool is DeepSea, which has a Midi to Mus conversion tool. I prefer XWE. Just install XWE. Then you can edit the wad, simply by selecting the "edit with XWE" option. You'll find the music files inside that wad. (they should be named something like this: D_RUNNIN, D_BLAH)

I am not familiar with the 2002 Doom Odessy, but I believe the Music is .MUS, I don't think any common media player can run that extension. However, there is a tool that comes with DeepSea that can convert MUS to MIDI. Midi can be run with iTunes and Windows Media player. However, if you wish to put it on your ipod, most mp3 players cannot play MIDI tracks. However, iTunes can convert a MIDI sequence into the .aac format, making it possible to listen to them on your Ipod.

http://www.sbsoftware.com/

http://doomworld.com/xwe/

DeepSEA automatically converts MUS to MIDI upon extracting. Unlike XWE, unless I'm old with the times.

All the music is original and all of the midis that I have composed for my past wads can be dowloaded on my Doom Page. But please don't distribute them, sell them, or do anything like that. They are to be used for listening purporses and in wads, and if nessecary remixed.

Thanks for the help, everyone. And also, great job with the music, Paul. You really captured the dark atmosphere of the WAD. The music for the very first level was a nice, straightforward ass-kicker, but the more I got into the game, the more I was blown away, especially starting with music for E1M3. Good stuff.