Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aabra

Skulltag 97D-Beta 3 Released

The Skulltag team is at it again! 97D-Beta 3 has been released to the public. The latest version features an improved HUD, .pk3 file support, a new skin, and most importantly.... *lots* of bug fixes! Check out the changelog for a full list of the changes. Download the latest beta here.

How about some freakin linux support?

and damnit Doomworld, your popup ads are really starting to off my piss >:(

Linux support is definitely on the agenda. We'll get there, I promise. :) I've got to agree with you regarding the popup ads too. Firefox blocks them thankfully - but I still get the message at the top of the screen telling me it blocked it. :P

Aabra said:

Linux support is definitely on the agenda. We'll get there, I promise. :) I've got to agree with you regarding the popup ads too. Firefox blocks them thankfully - but I still get the message at the top of the screen telling me it blocked it. :P

thats good to hear.

strange, my firefox doesn't block all of them. and whats more irritating than that is that it automatically scrolls to the bottom of the page when it's finished loading. only on doomworld, though...

Zeroth said:

strange, my firefox doesn't block all of them. and whats more irritating than that is that it automatically scrolls to the bottom of the page when it's finished loading. only on doomworld, though...

You might want this if you haven't got it already.

And boy, that's a pretty long changelog there, the novelty with skulltag features seem to wear off pretty quick though.

Firefox with Adblock doesn't give me problems with Doomworld, but using Camino (a Mac-optimized Firefox variant) or Safari in OS X, I still get some popups and it usually scrolls to the bottom of the page, like Zeroth says, even with pop-up blocking enabled. :[

Maybe it's some scripting coming from banner.telefragged.com (the banner at the bottom).

Zeroth said:

and damnit Doomworld, your popup ads are really starting to off my piss >:(

I direct you to this thread good sir.

Zeroth said:

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39955

Actually a lot of people (including myself) have gotten Skulltag to run great using WINE. The only downside to it is when you join an online game...it crashes D:. But you can in fact play with bots in single player and spectate a multiplayer game.

Also I played it in GL at the time...but I heard software runs fine in GNOME. Not tested by me though.

PS. I have yet to get a pop-up using Opera :D.

yay, let's see if i get ~20 ping on my own server for once instead of >120 like it's been for the past several versions.

Only thing I really care about is to see them fix the bug where servers that run wads with Dehacked in them won't randomly crash/freeze/stop responding.

damnit Doomworld, your popup ads are really starting to off my piss >:(

Its caused by a tracking cookie coming from yieldmanager... (tsk, tsk)