Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deertag

working doors in wad

I keep having this irritating ptoblem on occasion with the way doors work that I build in a wad. I've been building doom wads for years so I know how to build a door, pretty basic but they dont always work as intended and it leaves me scratching my head going wtf.

What happens is instead of the door texture rising as one into the ceiling, it instead looks like the texture is being rolled up from the bottom and looks totally out of whack to the eye.

I checked and compared between doors that work correctly and doors that have this visual glitch to make sure floor/ceiling heights are correct, doortrak textures are lower unpegged, in this case doors are using the same texture (bigdoor2 If I remember right)

Was just hoping someone knows what I'm trying to say here and if I am overlooking something. doors are just so easy to make tho that when it doesnt work its pretty frustrating. probably something really silly and obvious thats staring me in the face but I dont see it :(

Rolling up from the bottom? Remove the upper unpeg flag from the front and back lines of the door.

The door texture itself was upper unpegged. d'oh! Not sure how that happened, probably accidently clicked on the door when I was setting the doortrak settings

Thanks for the help guys.

It'd be nice if Doombuilder had a built in map checker with a voice that says, "Hey, Dummy! You screwed up the witchamacallit again you dumbass!" I'd take the insults to have better maps :)

Deertag said:

It'd be nice if Doombuilder had a built in map checker with a voice that says, "Hey, Dummy! You screwed up the witchamacallit again you dumbass!" I'd take the insults to have better maps :)

I think SLADE's cryptic "SLADE has encountered an error and needs to close. click here to send blah to Microsoft" is good enough.