Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sleepy_boy

Final Doom

OK. I don't own Final Doom yet, but i'm thinking of getting it. So please help me choose what to do.

get it from a #warez room

LOL. A #warez room with Final DOOM. That's like looking for Chopin's Preludes in the Trashy Pop section.

Now what to do with Final DOOM. Don't buy it. It is a waste of money. It's not that it's bad. It's OK and sometimes the levels are better than DOOM2 even, definitely harder. But it just isn't worth the cash because there's nothing new in it.

I got it as part of my DOOM colletion, and I've been stuck like 3 or so levels from the end of TNT for months now. Not because it's hard but because it's boring and I can't force myself to finish it.

The end of TNT isn't boring, it's Plutonia that's the problem. Mt. Pain is an awesome map. I love TNT.

Get it if your serious about your Doom. If not, then why are you here? This is DW.

I'd say get Final DOOM - two great 32-level WADs in a nice package. Sure, there are lots of great 32-level megawads to download all free, but very few that come close to Plutonia/TNT in quality. It's not very expensive either, I got it for something like $10.

you can download better crap online for free though. AV for example. Then again, if you're into game boxes or just simply collecting doom crap get it, other wise just download something nice that's free.

Give him a link to AV and he can compare it to FD, that will show him what sort of a Doomer he is.

Oh, and give him a link to a source port for AV as well. Maybe also Memento Mori or something

Sorry I'm being too lazy to do it myself, but I had a butler these last three weeks and bad habits die hard... ;)

Well, here's how I see it:

TNT Evilution = Worth more than $10
Plutonia = Meh, only if you're a co-op *cough* sizucks *cough* freak.

Oh, and give him a link to a source port for AV as well. Maybe also Memento Mori or something

Sorry I'm being too lazy to do it myself, but I had a butler these last three weeks and bad habits die hard... ;)

Uh, www.doomworld.com/ports, perhaps???

Plutonia = Meh, only if you're a co-op *cough* sizucks *cough* freak.

You can die anytime now. Me and Lüt had fun playing Plutonia co-op. Didn't we, Lüt? :P

It wasn't bad.

I wanna play some AV coop soon.

I still have Doomserv, if you can set it up on there.

Plutonia is WAY >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> better than TNT.

End of discussion.

No it isn't.
Plutonia was awful. Every darn map felt like each other. And where the hell was it supposed to be set? An Earth marine base. Have you ever seen a base that looked like that?
I keep the plutonia IWAD apart from the TNT IWAD, it doesn't deserve to share the same folder.

It wasn't bad.

I wanna play some AV coop soon.

I still have Doomserv, if you can set it up on there.

I wanna play too.
/me hunts for Doomserv on internet.

I keep the plutonia IWAD apart from the TNT IWAD, it doesn't deserve to share the same folder.

So it deserves a completely new and shiny folder?

Plutonia is WAY >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> better than TNT.

End of discussion.

No it isn't.
Plutonia was awful. Every darn map felt like each other. And where the hell was it supposed to be set? An Earth marine base. Have you ever seen a base that looked like that?

Hmm, I agree with Pritch's "have the setting make some sense" idea. But I enjoy Plutonia once in a while, especially if I'm bored and want to co-op.

Plutonia is WAY >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> better than TNT. End of discussion.

M'heh. No. Refer to the "two drunks with map editors" discussion in General.

So it deserves a completely new and shiny folder?

I buried mine with the .mp3's that I don't like but am too lazy to delete. ;)

Well, of course they are supposed to be each in its own folder, because they are both IWADs. You should have 3 separate folders for DOOM2, TNT and Plutonia, each one running like an independent game. If you stick 2 in the same folder, DOOM will load whatever it finds first, and you'll have to load the other one manually or whatever.

^^^
was enlightening

Well, of course they are supposed to be each in its own folder, because they are both IWADs. You should have 3 separate folders for DOOM2, TNT and Plutonia, each one running like an independent game. If you stick 2 in the same folder, DOOM will load whatever it finds first, and you'll have to load the other one manually or whatever.

Uh, I'm pretty sure Plutonia and TNT aren't IWADs, because I've never ever kept any wads in seperate folders, and everything's always worked just fine for me.

Ummh do they have all the graphical resources? If not, they're just PWADS like Death Kings of the Dark Citadel.

Fianl Doom is a stand-alone product. You do not need to have Doom 2 installed to run Final Doom, because both wads are IWADS and the EXE is a modded doom2.exe made to run them.

If you have problems running Doom with multiple IWADs in the same folder, then USE A LAUNCHER. Even Doom95 should work.

If you have problems running Doom with multiple IWADs in the same folder, then USE A LAUNCHER. Even Doom95 should work.

Use a source port, even (D95 is teh ghey of hell)