Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
renagade

[.WIP.] Some random Void map.

Working on a random Void map that's a usual Marble/Wood/metal based structure that I tinker with the most. It's a GZdoom port, and there IS some jumping that will be required to get though some parts.

And just to show I'm not just making a sensless post about something.

Screen shot:
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/3414/doom0006ub3.png

( Still haven't figured out how to post images on this Forum. >.< )

Oh, and pre-emptive credit goes to Agent Spork, because I'm using his "WSKY2" Texture out of skulltag, untill I find a better Sky texture.

Acually I took the Sky out of Skulltag.. And it's not gonna be permenant, unless I can't find a better sky, then I'll go ask permission. Acually I'm gonna go Pm for permission..

printz said:

Sky? Not horizon portal??

No. Just a standard texture, placed on a 256x256 Sector ( Floor and ceiling as well. ) Then done with the Z doom Skybox viewer, and the horizon linedef.

Tormentor667 said:

Looks okay but I suggest use different textures for the void and don't (steal) use those from Simplicity.

That's merely a recolored sky of the one from Eternal Doom I believe, and I think I remember him saying he doesn't care if anyone uses it. It's also in Skulltag, and those textures are meant to be used.

Tango said:

That's merely a recolored sky of the one from Eternal Doom I believe, and I think I remember him saying he doesn't care if anyone uses it. It's also in Skulltag, and those textures are meant to be used.

It is? Heh, I didn't notice the similiarities between the two. I think I've seen it in one of the Offical TnT episodes. o_o I don't quite remember which one.

Tango said:

It's also in Skulltag, and those textures are meant to be used.

Yes... in Skulltag maps. That doesn't mean they're fair game for anyone to use. Someone who gave us permission to use the textures might not be happy about everyone else intepreting that as they are also free to use them.

(But I don't know that Spork really cares. I won't speak for him.)

If it's alright to use the textures, then you can use em. It's a good start, but it looks like a hallway (with no walls)...If I were you....I'd add abit more space and make it more...Bridge like or so and have a palace of void-ness or just some random open spaced area with monsters teleporting in (Like 'Invasion' mode).

Carnevil said:

Yes... in Skulltag maps. That doesn't mean they're fair game for anyone to use. Someone who gave us permission to use the textures might not be happy about everyone else intepreting that as they are also free to use them.

(But I don't know that Spork really cares. I won't speak for him.)

I didn't say it was okay, I Just said where I got it from. , I awaiting on a Pub from Spork to see if it is alright. :/