Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quasar

Assmaster confirmed deceased

Those who have been on IRC for the past week already know about this. Notable community member Jason "Assmaster" Masihdas went missing last Thursday (June 14th) some time between 7:00 and 8:00 pm EDT right before he was to perform the newest episode of the Unidoom Radio Show. Since then, all attempts to contact him via email, phone, and text message have been unsuccessful. He has not logged into any of his online accounts since the time he vanished.

Because his departure was abrupt, unannounced, and has lead into an atypically long absence, this has lead us to speculate that something bad has happened to him.

News will be posted here if and when any is uncovered, but for now it looks like we may be left wondering.

Quasar said:

last Thursday (June 14th) some time between 7:00 and 8:00 pm EDT right before he was to perform the newest episode of the Unidoom Radio Show

That could prove that he didn't go without a computer up on the mountain where there's no phone signal either? Oh.

printz said:

That could prove that he didn't go without a computer up on the mountain where there's no phone signal either? Oh.

He's deathly afraid of camping. So that's very unlikely.

Search party time! :D Torches for everyone. :D

Hopefully though he'll come back with an awesome tale to tell of some sort of epic adventure of untold proportions and such sorts. :D I wonder if he's seen a dragon yet. No wait, how MANY dragons he's seen. And what types.

Maybe he got sucked into his computer and is now running around the digital world with his digimon partner and 6 other children of destiny.

Lucky bastard.

Well that's a load of crap. Who has tried calling him and was it a recent phone number? (All I know is the one he has listed on Vets.)

The only other suggestion I can make is to ask one of these people if they know anything:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=38077154
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=22227540

They're friends of his in the City.

I and several others have attempted to call him. The phone number on Vets is recent, and it is his cell phone. There has been no response to calls either to his cell phone or land line.

What about a freak Lightning storm that knocked out most/all forms of communication of the last week?

I think we would know something about this, if it happened, by now. He lives in the Bronx, a suburb of New York City.

At first I was skeptical of the hype over this (he'd been gone for two days and people were getting worried), but with all the attempts to call his phone etc. this is starting to look rather worrying.

Lets hope for the best. I sure would hate to loose yet another one from the community. Some of the best have passed.

I sure hope he does actually return, with tales of dragons and such as mentioned above.

Maybe he's busy, and has changed all known phone numbers? Still, it's kinda cool to know someone from the Doom forums in real life. But that's off-topic. I guess Assmaster=Amaster, right?

harbringer said:

What about a freak Lightning storm that knocked out most/all forms of communication of the last week?

Actually the other day we had a pretty nasty one sometime at midnight. Dont think ConED has said anything about it though.

I have no idea who this person is, and when I saw "Assmaster missing" I assumed a joke, and hoped for the worst. I hope everything is alright.

I've never known him, though it will be quite disheartening to see someone from the community be in some kind of trouble.

I believe something similar had happened with Lut. There was a thread about someone's cousing dying. 7 pages or so. It was put in hell finally, because they were thinking that Lut died. But not.

Oh yeah, I found that page looking at the logged-in member list and where are they on.

printz said:

I believe something similar had happened with Lut. There was a thread about someone's cousing dying. 7 pages or so. It was put in hell finally, because they were thinking that Lut died. But not.

Oh yeah, I found that page looking at the logged-in member list and where are they on.

Uh, that was a deliberate hoax. In this case, the dude has actually gone missing.