Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vallebuona

Add sounds?

Hello, 1st post here :P
Here's the question

Is there a way to add sounds without replacing the existing ones?

Sorry my bad english n____n'

Only by using the systems provided by advanced source ports. Using plain old DeHackEd, you can only replace stuff, not add new things. The main ports that include support for this are Eternity (EDF), ZDoom (DECORATE and related lumps), and EDGE (DDF).

When you use such features, you automatically limit your wad to that specific port. So be sure you really need the capability before you make that decision.

Depends what you're wanting to do. Several ports support SNDINFO lumps (ZDoom, JDoom, Legacy apparently does, VaVoom) which are good for, for example, giving zombiemen their own sound sets.

i have another question...

i want the zombieman, shotgun guy, heavy dude, to have only one action sound and one death sound, so i could use the other sounds for other stuff, is this possible?

You could use SNDINFO and DECORATE, or DEHACKED, to make the zombie buddies use a different sound, like an imp's death (Then you'll either have to change the imp's death sound to something else, or you'll have 4 monsters using the same death sound), and then the original zombie's death sounds would be unused, and you could configure in the whatever lump you're using what thing would use the zombie sounds for whatever.

finally got it working ^^, it seems now i can add the sounds i want! n____n

forgot to add SNDINFO in wadinfo.txt n__n'

THX for all!! ^____^