Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brad_tilf

Doom Wad Station shutting down

As of July 1 or thereabouts, Doom Wad Station, as it is currently constituted, will cease to exist. I am allowing the hosting package to expire due to lack of financial support. Until that time, the entire website will remain online and I encourage people to go there and download everything they want before it goes offline. After this occurs, I will reconstitute DWS as a personal site dedicated to my own body of work but there will be no more reviews, no more /idgames area, no more forums, etc...
Please pass this on so that people can take full advantage before it goes offline.

Just curious, can all wads on Doom Wad Station be found in the archives? It's been quite a while since I visited there, but I always enjoyed it when I did. Stinks to hear it's closing, but bills are bills, right?

This is shitty news :(

Hey man, do me a favor. Toss the Hacx downloads (not the page, just the files) into a zip then send me a link, I'll figure something out with them.

Sorry to see your site go.

Wow, that sucks. Your site has been around since like... forever. It's sad to see it go away. There were some interesting wads up there. Also, there were some unique megawads that you couldn't get over at the /idgames archive.

Speaking of which, will you be releasing your wads on to the /idgames archives?

meh, it'll hardly make a shockwave since most of the wads are just stolenassetwithoutcreditry 'bestwadevers'. uninspired scavenger work

alexz721 said:

Just curious, can all wads on Doom Wad Station be found in the archives? It's been quite a while since I visited there, but I always enjoyed it when I did. Stinks to hear it's closing, but bills are bills, right?

No, many of them have never been placed on the archives.

Lizardcommando said:

Wow, that sucks. Your site has been around since like... forever. It's sad to see it go away. There were some interesting wads up there. Also, there were some unique megawads that you couldn't get over at the /idgames archive.

Speaking of which, will you be releasing your wads on to the /idgames archives?

my personal wads or other peoples stuff?

leileilol said:

meh, it'll hardly make a shockwave since most of the wads are just stolenassetwithoutcreditry 'bestwadevers'. uninspired scavenger work

I'm sure that people like Tormentor and KSmirage and the hundreds of other authors who contributed to the body of work on Doom Wad Station will be happy to hear what you think of their efforts.

Brad_tilf said:

After this occurs, I will reconstitute DWS as a personal site dedicated to my own body of work but there will be no more reviews, no more /idgames area, no more forums, etc...

Does that not mean that the site will still be there?

Edited out: I sent BL an apology via e-mail, after I learned it was him posting.

hardcore_gamer said:

Does that not mean that the site will still be there?

No, it won't. In fact, I'm not even sure I'll use the same domain or the same name. I haven't decided yet. Regardless, the other 50 gigs of information that isn't my own work will no longer be there.

Erp said:

"personal site dedicated to my own body of work"

So you think that is gonna be better? asswipe. Someone make this brad jerk go away. I miss Bob Larkin, I even have one of his DVD compilations with his handwriting on the envelope.

Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining.

Relax.

Erp said:

So you think that is gonna be better? asswipe. Someone make this brad jerk go away. I miss Bob Larkin, I even have one of his DVD compilations with his handwriting on the envelope.

You simply can't make some people happy I guess.

Unfortunately, circumstances in my own life, combined with a lack of donations have forced me to make this decision. It isn't my first choice but it is something I have to do. I can no longer maintain the site as it is for alot of reasons, some of them financial, some of them more personal. A personal site will not require the attention, or the money, that the site currently does.

Brad_tilf said:

my personal wads or other peoples stuff?

I was talking about your wads. Will you be uploading them to the /idgames archives?

Erp said:

Bob has never been anything but nice to people. WTF is this attitude all about? He is no asswipe, jackass. Seems to me that Bob can make his site into his own body of work if he cares to.

I am quite insulted that Bob went to the trouble of even making this announcement and some people give him bullshit for it.

Edit:
You obviously have no clue who "Brad" is.

^^I was beginning to suspect "brad" is Bob, but too late. I have nothing against BL, but why the alter-ego? I wouldn't have flamed If I'd known right off. I have supported the site and am sorry to see it go. So please stop quoting my statement it's retracted cus I do like BL. If it's that bothersome ask a mod to PH it. I'm not commenting further.

Bloodshedder said:

DEAR BOB LARKIN, PLEASE LEARN TO USE THE "EDIT POST" FEATURE. STOP POSTING TWO-THREE TIMES IN A ROW.

Sorry. Didn't realize

Lizardcommando said:

I was talking about your wads. Will you be uploading them to the /idgames archives?

I believe I have a few that haven't been. I'll search the archives and yes, I'll upload any missing ones.

Bloodshedder said:

You just did it again, damn it. I'm sick of cleaning up after you.

All I do is use the quote button and reply. I don't understand why you're seeing multiple posts.

Quote opens a new post. When you hit the reply button it uploads it. Forum Use 101.

Every Doom site closing is a loss. I can't say I ever visited DWS but I know others who did... it's always sad to see a site of some magnitude go.