Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pritch

R.I.P. Jason "Amaster" Masihdas

I can't just fucking believe it........ it's so sad that we lost our another buddy :<, my condolences to his family and friends.........

Rest in Peace, Jason.

You were among the best people I've met in the Doom community, and among the best people I've met in person. He had a quick sense of humor I never would have expected this to happen to him. My respects to him and everyone else who got the chance to know him.

Just so people know, I (and a lot of other people) have accidentally (?) posted our farewells in the other thread. Please be sure to visit it also. This is such a sad time :(

I find this very hard to believe, and this all seems a bit surreal to me as it is very sad to see Jason pass. My deepest condolences go out to his family and friends.

Rest in peace Jason.

Won't do any good here now, but I sincerely think that anyone contemplating suicide, or even just feeling low, should watch 'It's a Wonderful Life'. If you know anyone feeling down, please, recommend this film to them. I can tell you, every time I watch it, it never fails to cheer me up.

I just remembered some of my oldest memories of him. Back in the day, as you all may know, I was a very depressed individual and often ranted my ass off on IRC, posting whatever grievances I believed the world held against me. Assmaster was one of the most outspoken, frequently calling me on my shit and though I hated him for it at the time, he was right. Due to him and many other people, I finally learned to buck up which was one of many elements that got me out of my fuck. Nowadays I'm a much happier and more well-adjusted person, and he's partially to thank for that (along with many other people here). In that respect, it's some kind of twisted irony that he ended his own life after that.

I think my favorite memory of him is when he got me to watch Law and Order with him one of the nights we were staying in Seattle. That has since become one of my favorite shows, and I even got my mom into it. And it's all because of him.

Blah. Now that I know the twisted emotional maelstrom and confusion that suicide brings to those around the victim, I'm sure as Hell I'll never do it.

I did not know him, I did not speak with him but for a few times. But the Doom community has lost a son and thusly my heart is weighted with grief. May he find what he is looking for in death. Jason, my respect to you in the next life.

As another person who didn't know Jason, I'd like to express deep condolences to all the people in the community that have taken a tough blow from this.

This is only really just starting to hit me now. I don't know how the hell I'm going to get any sleep tonight. How could this happen to someone so kind and loving? How the hell did we come to this? Doesn't our world have a place for people like Jason? I don't think I could ever visit New York City without thinking about it as the city where a friend lived and died. I still have the birthday present he gave me two and a half years ago in Seattle, just a simple CD/MP3 player. There wasn't anything special about it, but it's the only tangible thing I can connect with him. Just a lump of electronics, but the thought was there. Very uncertain thoughts, he didn't seem satisfied with the choice. Or maybe that's just how it looks thinking back. He was full of life, but almost to the point of being bored with it. He always talked about going to Alaska for the long nights. This whole situation is messed up. And I've ceased to be coherent about it.

I know this kind of hurt. I never knew him, but my condolences go out to him and his family/friends. May he eternally rest in peace.

Nightmare Doom said:

The question is: How did he kill himself and what was the reason for this?

Nobody knows, Ralphis didn't press for answers, understandibly so.

Although I didn't know this guy I send my deepest condolences to his friends & family. Too many good people gone away during the last 12 months. It seems this is happening everywhere. Is it a message telling about the situation of the society, where the people who created it are just sitting with the mace of power and psychotically still believing in their richness that everything is alright, even though it's all going down the drain quickly and at a forever-quickening pace? Something should be done very soon before it all gets really out of hand.

R.I.P. Amaster.

If only I knew why Assmaster killed himself...

Though I never knew him, my condolences go to him, his family, and his friends.

I really can't think of anything to say.
Amaster was always a good man, who seemed happy. He was the very last person I had ever expected to commit suicide.

Rest in peace Jason. We will always remember you.

Shit, I just PM'd Ralphis, after I sent it the list of old PMs popped up. I clicked one randomly without thinking about it, looked over and it was from Amaster. Jesus, such a nice guy too. What a terrible thing to happen.

Didnt know him, but...
Ruhe in Frieden, wo immer du auch bist.
(Rest in peace, where ever you are)

sargebaldy said:

I still have the birthday present he gave me two and a half years ago in Seattle, just a simple CD/MP3 player.

Oh shit, I still have that watch he gave me. I never did get it working. Maybe I should now.

Jason was my friend. I'm not sure what hurts worse, that fact that's he's gone or that he felt he couldn't reach out to anyone. I'll miss him and remember him always.

funny, suicide's been on my mind a lot lately. (nono, i'm not thinking of committing it, but it got a big spread in the paper the other day and some of the stuff i've been watching and reading have hinted at or been centered around it.)

this is fucked up. i didn't know him too well as i'm fairly quiet compared to most long-time members, but RIP jason.

always sad when a doomer dies :(

Jason was one of the nicest guys I have had the pleasure of knowing online.

He'd often be on IRC to chat when others were not and I spent many hours chewing the fat with him. I was proud to consider him a friend, and I think he considered me one too.

We'd discuss our respective "consumer whoring" - we both liked to spend too much money on gadgetry, and I often ribbed him about being "metrosexual" as he was a real city guy, well, heh, he took jokes very well. I will miss his keen sense of humour.

I am still struggling to come to terms with the fact that I spoke to him on skype the night that this seems to have occured. I think a few of us did and we are obviously rocked a bit by this. I consider myself to be someone who is perceptive about people but talking to him that night, I could not have had the slightest inkling about what he was planning to do. We laughed and joked and I did my extreme British accent and we talked about the show, and he ended the call by saying he had to get ready now for the same. He seemed happy and upbeat, and it just leaves massive question marks in my head and I'm not sure I have truly accepted what's happened yet.

I'm only sorry that no matter how close I thought I was to the guy, as far as the internet will allow us to be close across the oceans, that I was not close enough to share his pain, because I gladly would have. I really, really would.

He was a truly smashing guy who I wanted to meet and I will regret the chance that has gone forever. I have lost one of my best online friends but I feel for his mom more than anything. Kind, sensitive, talented and funny, and this community is tangibly worse off without him.

I will miss you buddy.

He was a man, take him for all in all,
I shall not look upon his like again.