Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Gokuma

Ground Zero

I'm sick of this wicked mod just sitting on private hard drives. The original creator and team leader disappeared for a year when a beta was supposed to be released. He came back for a little while only to disappear for another year. The site designer, HardSide, who was a good friend of his outside of the internet hasn't even heard from him. HS gave me the go ahead a while back to release the mod and use his site design.

So does anyone have suggestions for a host for the site and my personal Doom site? I lost my Doom Nation account when frag.com went down and I'm not putting Ground Zero on geoshitties. I heard crosswinds.net was good a while back but their current terms of service are revolting. I just want to get the site up with a current playable beta release and then the team could be rebuilt from then.

Explanation to newbies:
GZ is basically Team Fortress Doom with base defenses, nukes, and ion cannons from Command & Conquer + original stuff. Obelisk towers, SAM sites (more like SAS sites), and machine gun turrets actually attack only enemies of a base instead of just everyone. BaruBary's original work on GZ as CTF Doom with player classes actually predates the TF Quake mod.

gokuma@bigfoot.com forwards to my current email address

Wich topic made you fall to "On probation"? :)

All of them.

Well, that negative number looks quite cool. You'll never get to it, no matter how many informative, well-spirited and friendly posts you make...

I remember ground zero. Unlike other modern doom TF efforts, it had STYLE.

SG Bill, shut it! That's not Ground Zero. That was a ancient simple demo called ideas.wad and deh before I heard of GZ. It was not meant as a playable mod. It could be used as a template for copying and pasting stuff into a real level. Before I teamed up with BaruBary that stuff was going to be incorporated into TF Doombot but multiplayer was broken. In Ground Zero the nukes, ion cannons, and base defenses are very threatoning. And that's only one aspect of GZ. The SAM sites look a little different but still like shit but hopefully something can be done about that.

Nevermind, I found a good host. I'm now working on the GZ site and my own now.