Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
printz

Small executing linedefs. Am I missing something?

Shouldn't there be a parameterized line special that runs small scripts too? Because, with types 273-280:

• I can't let monsters run scripts.
  • I can't access script function arguments.

printz said:

Shouldn't there be a parameterized line special that runs small scripts too? Because, with types 273-280:

• I can't let monsters run scripts.
  • I can't access script function arguments.

I'm pretty sure you need to use extradata for that shtuff... um... Quasar....? You there?

There should be. They've not been added yet. But monsters run scripts from their frames using the StartScript codepointer, not line types. Unless you mean monsters crossing walk-over linedefs, which I thought was already possible. If it's not, that's a bug.

I didn't recall cross/switch/gunshot player/monster settings working with non-parameterized line types, such as "run script".

No I'm saying I thought monsters should be able to activate them already as they are. There are W1/R, S1/R, and G1/R variants of the unparameterized script starting linedefs. The W and G types should be monster usable. I don't think monsters will press S line types.

Monsters can activate S lines, except that those have to be two-sided. I should look for wads on Boom that use this ability.