Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sleepy_boy

Hexen bosses

Korax was a great boss in the way that his scripting allowed him to interact with the level as well as use regular attacks. The only problem is that he himself is a rather wimpy character and dies after only a slight beatdown.

I would have to say the Hereseirch , but I enjoyed flying over the lava pit to fight the Death Wryven. As far as Korax
I had so many power up's stored that he wasnt to big a problem.

If you look at Korax very closely, he's shaped similar to the Queen Alien. At least, that's how I see it.

But my favorite boss out of the whole trilogy has got to be Eidolon from Hexen 2.

Korax had all the potential in the world but they made him so damn underpowered. I vote Heresiarch.

Korax has several triggers at your disposal, he could be used for something incredibly, amazingly cool. As long as you don't kill him before with the bloodscourge, of course...

Nothing that a little twinkering with the source code couldn't fix.

Korax was the best because the cleric could kill him and break the game with an Icon of the Defender and 20 flechettes. I'll let you figure out how.

Damn...I just rwalized...I never really played Hexen...in fact I don't think I ever got past the 1st hub. But I did warp to Korax once or twice...he was funny.

Damn...I just rwalized...I never really played Hexen...in fact I don't think I ever got past the 1st hub.

Man, I ought to reset your postcount for that :P

Hexen was probably the best thing ever done with the Doom engine. The 2nd hub is just great.

Hell, I have savegames right before completing each hub that I'll just load up and walk around in for a while. I just love the places in that game.

I can hardly wait for ZDoom v1.23 final so that I can run through Hexen in 1600x1200 :D

Hexen was good, but it take so fucking long to get past the first hub, so I rarely play the game. I still have that bug where the Chaos Device and the Disk of Repultion have their names mixed up.

Boy I never saw version 1.0 ^_^

I'm tired of waiting for ZHexen. Someone tell Randy we don't want properly flushing water for toilets in the next beta.

Hexen was probably the best thing ever done with the Doom engine. The 2nd hub is just great.

Is that the one with Darkmere (I think thats what its called..the one with the swamp and the wizards tower)? I loved that level so much. Thats probably why I never finished the first hub. I just warped to that level and played it for a while. That and the fact that I only logged about 4 hours of my life into that game, which is less than most games I've played.

Is that the one with Darkmere

Yeah. Darkmere, Shadow Wood, Caves of Circe, The Wastelands... *sigh*

Is that the one with Darkmere

Yeah. Darkmere, Shadow Wood, Caves of Circe, The Wastelands... *sigh*

I remember walking through the wastelands and the hub itself going "what a nice map. there should be more like it". And then I got to Darkmere and I was BLOWN AWAY.

I remember walking through the wastelands and the hub itself going "what a nice map. there should be more like it". And then I got to Darkmere and I was BLOWN AWAY.

Really... I think I liked Wasteland the best out of that hub. Actually, I'd say it ties with Shadow Wood, but in different ways. Shadow Wood's really just a mix of all the levels in that hub.

7000th (counted) post.

Heresiarch. No doubt. I love pummeling the bastard. Even if you're fully powered one of 'em can take a damn solid beating before going down. It seems like most FPS game bosses were designed to be taken down with the half-way weapon, not the final weapon.

Oh and Lüt, there's this new thing. It's called Society. You might want to join it sometime. Jesus.

It seems like most FPS game bosses were designed to be taken down with the half-way weapon, not the final weapon.

Hm, interesting. Doom bosses were definitely designed for rocket launcher.

Death Wryven

It's WYVERN, damn you! Wyvern means a winged dragon. Wryven... well, if I could attach meaning to it it would have had much less to do with dragons than with condoms.

Speaking of Hexen, my favorite tune was the one playing in Bright Crucible. And the level was OK too. Actually, the whole of Hexen was great. Except the Effluvium. Never could stand the smell of it.

Hereseirch

Well, you're just pushing your luck here, aren't you? I'm surprised you haven't spelled Korax with a 'Z'.

In the end, speeling doesn't matter.

I got Version 1.0 of Hexen from a friend. Having the names mixed up is about the only thing wrong with it.

some other good things about Hexen is those DEEP pits and the earthquakes,

speeling? Give me a break...

Darkmere's what *really* made me try and learn how to build levels for the doom engine.

The swamp, with the deep pit and the castle coming up from the fog. Damn, sweet memories.

HexenDK was a great expansion pack, although the second hub was just way too gray for me, and the third hub's levels were a bit small.

I just played through the third hub from scratch on skill 5 about a month ago. Fun stuff. Could only do it with the mage though, and that's my least favorite character.

Has anyone played Hexen Deathkings Of The Dark Citadel.
That was pretty good. I liked the end where you fight all three bosses.

Yeah, that level rocked. The atmosphere was great. First the Slaughtaurs, then Zedek, then the Bishops, then Traductus, and finally the Reivers followed by Menelkir. It was quite easy, though. (I don't play skill 5)

It's pretty fun from scratch. Of course that can only be done with the Mage. The Death Kings are easy to kill since they don't really know you're there after the crystal shatters.

Death Kings was great, I really enjoyed some of those levels. Lotus Requiestat and Armory were friggin hard for a Fighter.

BTW, since I never really played HEXDD, except that last level, who knows how to get to the secret level in hub 1 (Pyre)? There's this portal in the backyard in Ruined Village, but what opens the way to it?