Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EANB

How long can you last?

Today I challenged myself. As pretty much everything I start I give up on I forced myself to create a (fun) level in around an hour. It is for Zdoom.

http://www.savefile.com/files/854573

Simple: How long can you last/ how many monsters can you kill? Press the switches to find out!

[Don't worry, this isn't a huge room full of monsters and BFGs]

So how is it?

Well, usually it depends on who I'm with but I'd say around 2 hours on average. I did get really lucky last summer though with this hot little chic... errr, umm. You weren't asking about, ....

Oh! A doom map eh? well then why didn't you say so.

<looks around nervously, hits download>

Hahahahah, well sorry, I just couldnt resist after reading your title question

pretty fun way to waste some time. at one point I put on god mode and was runnin thru the masses of former humans that teleport in with the chaingun. it was like that scene with the lawnmower in Dead/Alive. I would change out the lost souls for cacos or, if you want to keep the lost soul theme, pain elementals. other than that, simple, to the point, and like I said before, a pretty fun way to waste some time.

This is great for maximum iddqd carnage but... how... do you put (apparently) infinite monsters and health in a map? Do you have some sort of hidden rooms outside the tab map, or altered the program?

gggmork said:

This is great for maximum iddqd carnage but... how... do you put (apparently) infinite monsters and health in a map? Do you have some sort of hidden rooms outside the tab map, or altered the program?

By using special zdoom line types, you can get anything to spawn without making it come from anywhere. In this case I used line 139 (whenever a monster crosses over into the middle square, 2 zombies and two shell boxes will spawn).