Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
IMJack

Feeding Frenzy!

The families of the victims of September 11th have begun to sue the airlines for what happened that day. This continues the long tradition of people seeking money with claims of "grief" and "wrongdoing," and will certainly get worse before it gets better. Discuss.

Sounds like the same people that'd sue gun makers for somehow creating criminals and edging them on to finally go and murder people. Come to think of it, I think I should sue the maker of my hammer because I accidentally hit my thumb while hammering a nail into a wall.

Or how about those attempts at getting the Government to pay $1000000 to each person that lost a relative in the attacks?

Sure, it sounds good at first. Everyone sympathizes with them and would at a first impulse approve of this. But look at the principle of it. Imagine, first we compensate victims of 9/11. If we do that, then we'll have to compensate the Anthrax victims or else it will be a double standard. You can't just pay off one group and not another.

Come to think of it, what about the victims' families that lost loved ones in the terrorist bombing of the Kenya and Tanzania embassies? Were'nt those also terrorist attacks like 9/11?

What about terrorist attacks by groups that aren't doing it in the name of Allah, like the KKK? Are not those terrorists?

You see, we'd end up in a standards war, trying to define or differentiate between which terrorist attacks call of compensation by the Government and which do not.

I say that private charities should do the compensating. If it all works out as it is intended, the victims' families would receive $1500000 each, which would be much better than the Government total. That way there is no chance of bitching to them about not paying off KKK victims, etc. However, the problem with that is that there is a high chance of corruption involved. Oh well. Any fucking thing us idiot humans try ends up fucking us in the ass anyway.

Thats like the people who tried to sue Id Sofware because of the Columbine incedent: Its regodamndiculous.

The only reason they are doing this is because it was so high profile. Everyone, including the courts, is on their side. Victims of the African bombings wouldn't be as likely to get such 'compensation' because the Embassy Bombings weren't so (in)famous.

Its pretty sad that one would use the death of a loved one to gain more money. If I were said loved one, I would come back in the next life and kick that persons ass.

From Time Magazine:
"This is a sick joke. I feel like I'm going to throw up."
-widow of WTC victim's thoughts on her $1.5 million compensation from the government

Bitch accept your godamm money. Fuck maybe she'd feel better if she got $10 million instead! How about 500?!

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh, why don't these people just let the airlines keep their damn money so they can spend on things like safety measures to insure this DOESN'T happen again.

From Time Magazine:
"This is a sick joke. I feel like I'm going to throw up."
-widow of WTC victim's thoughts on her $1.5 million compensation from the government

Wait, was she complaining that it wasn't enough, or was she complaining about how silly it was that they even gave her money in the first place? If it was the latter, I'll agree with her.

Ah, people, the answer is so simple.

There're millions of brain-dead people in the world. Most of them in the USA.

Such a statement would make you very unpopular in the States.
I agree that there are lots of "mentally inferior" people in the world, but you won't make me believe that the majority of those live in the U.S.

You got proof that most stupid people live in the USA?

I'm over the "Blame-the-U.S.-for-the-world's-problems" mentality. The more I see it the funnier it is.

I'm over the "Blame-the-U.S.-for-the-world's-problems" mentality. The more I see it the funnier it is.

That's probably the most intelligent course of action to take in this case, seeing as how several other nations cause trouble as well.

Not necessarily true. It's just that the brain-dead types in the USA get a lot more exposure than the brain-dead types anywhere else.

People are fucking shit! Swear to god it's all about self satisfaction to those fuckers. They're just fucking raping the law as much as they can and pushing other's down to get on top. Humanity is bullshit, get this WW3 on already and let's murder each other.

People are fucking shit! Swear to god it's all about self satisfaction to those fuckers. They're just fucking raping the law as much as they can and pushing other's down to get on top. Humanity is bullshit, get this WW3 on already and let's murder each other.

ShadyXMR
Blow out the human race

Welcome to the club. :)

Bah, USA's not the epicenter of retards. It's probably Argentina. That's the best thing about our country, we don't like it. We never did.

Ah, people, the answer is so simple.

He's right, y'know. Trouble is, as the other countries catch up and experience 'evilution', they'll get this

FUCKING RIDICULOUS SUEING CULTURE AS WELL.

Not here. Courts are fucking useless. At least we won't get that necessity of sueing someone cause his socks are green.

Humanity is bullshit, get this WW3 on already and let's murder each other.

And when did a tiny group of people become all of humanity?

Yeah it's like these guys actually pay attention to the news. Hello? Less than 0.1% of Humanity makes all this trouble. It's just that media likes to post bad news.

I like to read scientific magazines. It tells you great things all the time. Serves to balance, I suppose.

He's right, y'know. Trouble is, as the other countries catch up and experience 'evilution', they'll get this

FUCKING RIDICULOUS SUEING CULTURE AS WELL.

Heh, I remember an odd case here in my country, where a woman patted a police officer on his butt and he got so angry that the moron not only arrested her, but sued her as well. Luckily, the case was dismissed as the overly ridiculous case it was, and the police officer got severely reprimanded, serves him right.

Yeah it's like these guys actually pay attention to the news. Hello? Less than 0.1% of Humanity makes all this trouble. It's just that media likes to post bad news.

I like to read scientific magazines. It tells you great things all the time. Serves to balance, I suppose.

yes.

police officer

dickhead. He should've have his arse lashed to shreds, then he'd have something to complain about, By George.

dickhead

I wonder, why is that considered an insult? I don't see anything wrong with being a dick head. Indeed, it's very valuable and useful organ :)

You know, people are going to milk this cow till it's dry. People everywhere are going to claim that their "loved ones" were killed in the Sept. 11th WTC thing and they are going to get money that should be spent on other things, like new Towers. In fact, I can almost guaranteee you that's already happened. People here in the States aren't as noble and honest as you foreigners probably think.

dickhead

I wonder, why is that considered an insult? I don't see anything wrong with being a dick head. Indeed, it's very valuable and useful organ :)

*ahem* not when the implication is that it's coming out of your forehead.

People here in the States aren't as noble and honest as you foreigners probably think.

We already KNOW that(or at least, we think we know).

Backstabbing = The American Way

The thing is, a lot of the Americans who are polite and full of charming words mean it, but a lot of them don't, which make America seem really two-faced.

For instance, when you say thankyou having just trashed an American's home and they say, 'you're welcome" :)

Heh, no, but you know what I mean.

I love it when certain people here make statements and generalize them for entire groups of individuals. It makes them look so intelligent...

I love it when certain people here make statements and generalize them for entire groups of individuals. It them look so intelligent...

ShadyXMR
Blow out the human race

But there seriously is a lot of backstabbing in America. Even my friends do it to me. Fucking bitches.

But there seriously is a lot of backstabbing in America. Even my friends do it to me. Fucking bitches.

Then you should adopt my title and we may then commence our planning for global destruction.