Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ichor

The Diet Coke Bomb

Rubbing alcohol and chlorine is better.

I knew a guy in high school who avoided aspartame like the plague. I could understand him not wanting to risk an allergic reaction, (his mother had been hospitalized from an allergic reaction to it) but there were some things he took a little far. Like saying it caused brain tumors. Yes, it can, but he never took into consideration how much of it you have to consume. Which is a hell of a lot as far as I've heard.

Myself though I rarely eat/drink anything that has aspartame in it. Thats just coincidence though as the biggest carrier of it (diet soda) I can't stand to drink.

Coopersville said:

I thought everyone figured this out on their own once the whole coke + mentos thing became popular.

I remember, when I was about 10, my friend spent the night at my house. All my parents had was diet coke and, as every kid knows, diet pop is crap. We decided to pour sugar/sweetener into the can to make the Diet pop, regular... since all diet coke lacks is sugar, right? Big mistake... just like the video, pop foamed out over the can IMMEDIATELY after the sugar went in; It jest kept pouring out of the can while we desperately tried to find paper towels to blot it up.

Lesson, if you're friends aren't going to prank you, you will, begin young and stupid, do it to yourself.

Lamneth said:

I knew a guy in high school who avoided aspartame like the plague. I could understand him not wanting to risk an allergic reaction, (his mother had been hospitalized from an allergic reaction to it) but there were some things he took a little far. Like saying it caused brain tumors. Yes, it can, but he never took into consideration how much of it you have to consume. Which is a hell of a lot as far as I've heard.

Myself though I rarely eat/drink anything that has aspartame in it. Thats just coincidence though as the biggest carrier of it (diet soda) I can't stand to drink.

It IS poison and toxic. There's no such thing as an allergy to aspartame. It's just the nice-sounding word the companies like to use to describe when someone is more obviously affected by the poison.

Actually all artificial sweeteners (including some non-aspartame ones like sorbitol, xylitol, maltitol, isomalt etc.) have a recognized degree of toxicity.

Most usually, it's even stated indirectly on product packaging as "An excessive consumption may have laxative effects". There was even an embarrassing contradiction on the packaging of some "teeth whitener" chewing gums (I don't remember the brand), which contained both some artificial sweetener and some calcium: the usual "laxative effect" warning was there, BUT, since the gums contained a bit of calcium, there was also a stated daily RDA of 20 gums, which surely classified as "excessive consumption"...

So yeah, you got your daily calcium alright...only to get your bowels literally tornadoed afterwards :-D

Scuba Steve said:

I remember, when I was about 10, my friend spent the night at my house. All my parents had was diet coke and, as every kid knows, diet pop is crap. We decided to pour sugar/sweetener into the can to make the Diet pop, regular... since all diet coke lacks is sugar, right? Big mistake... just like the video, pop foamed out over the can IMMEDIATELY after the sugar went in; It jest kept pouring out of the can while we desperately tried to find paper towels to blot it up.

Lesson, if you're friends aren't going to prank you, you will, begin young and stupid, do it to yourself.

Heh, I did that once. My mom always got caffeine free diet coke, which tastes like carbonated water. I tossed in some sugar once and my cup just started foaming like a mofo.

TheDarkArchon said:

The important thing is that aspartame tastes like shit.

Maybe to remind you of a certain effect it may have ;-)

Damn I can go through a few diets Pepsi’s a day. I was looking for an excuse to drop pop altogether and now I have one.

My Dads a diabetic and his retinas are bleeding and degenerating and he drinks diet sodas regularly.

This proves interesting.