Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dr. Zin

A Megawad for 2006 (1monster) [Finished]

Ichor said:

By the way, this thread now has the second most replies in the forum, behind that music thread in Blogs.

Wow...

anyhow on the difficulty issue it sould be addressed when we have compliled the final wad..

Liberation, did your map ever have a name?

Jodwin said:

I like the 'Musical Bar-B-Que'. You can call 12 that.

Done.

impClaw said:

Well, i'm pretty close to being done, just got some detailing to do in the last areas...

Those shots are looking really good. Some of it was quite sparse before, but it looks like you're remedying that.

Ichor said:

As for the last five names, how about these?

1. Trooper Trauma, White Zombie, Zomboni Machine
2. Demons on Parade, Cuddling the Mission
7. Impulse, Slithy Toves
12, 19. Archie's Bunker, The Archons, Musical Bar-B-Que

I'm sure someone else can come up with some better ones.

1. Trooper Trauma
2. Cuddling the Mission
7. Hade's Outpost
12. [i'm agree with Jodwin]
19. The Crucified Factory (from Linguica's Random level name generator)

Ryathaen said:

Did you add any traps to mix up the gameplay at all? I think that was the major issue with the map.

EDIT: Oh, and...

01 - ?                         - Done (Macro11_1)
02 - ?                         - Done (Macro11_1)
03 - Buckshot Waltz            - Done
04 - Imptech Rampage           - Done (Ichor)
05 - Zumma                     - Done (Ryathaen)
06 - Workin' on the Chain Gang - Done
07 - ?                         - impClaw
08 - Cacophony                 - Done
09 - Sergeant Center           - Done (daimonreloaded)
10 - Un-named118               - Done (Ichor)
11 - Mausoleum                 - Done (Ichor)
12 - Musical Bar-B-Que         - Done (Ryathaen)
13 - Arachnophobia             - Done (Ryathaen)
14 - Bony Encounter            - Done 
15 - Knightmire                - Done
16 - Baron Citadel             - Done (daimonreloaded/Ryathaen)
17 - Cyberswat                 - Done
18 - Mancublood                - Macro11_1
19 - The Crucified Factory     - Done (Ryathaen)
20 - Triad of the Minds        - Done
21 - The One God               - Done
-- - Spook House               - Done
-- - Chamber of Souls          - Done
-- - Castle Dorkenstein        - Done

My map (MAP17) was actually named 10Cyber in the text file but I can't remember changing its name to Cyberswat unless I did in an email when submitting the level. I'd like to make another level for this project using Spectres. My idea is that the map should be very dark with heaps of teleporting traps. I will submit it as a MAP01 but you can rename the map to whatever. If not, which other monsters should you consider.

daimonreloaded said:

1. Trooper Trauma
19. The Crucified Factory (from Linguica's Random level name generator)

The Crucified Factory is down as 19. I'll also pencil in Trooper Trauma as map19 unless deldelda shows up with something else.

pcorf said:

My map (MAP17) was actually named 10Cyber in the text file but I can't remember changing its name to Cyberswat unless I did in an email when submitting the level. I'd like to make another level for this project using Spectres. My idea is that the map should be very dark with heaps of teleporting traps. I will submit it as a MAP01 but you can rename the map to whatever. If not, which other monsters should you consider.

I've changed it back to 10Cyber, unless you actually want it to be Cyberswat.

We haven't been accepting maps for a long while now. I doubt we would turn down a new map if it was finished in time, but there is hardly any time left.

EDIT: Oh, by the way, what colors should I make the text? I don't know what color background it will be on, so I guess for now I'll assume we'll be using the default brown one. White text with small red text underneath for the author is pretty basic, but it works. Any thoughts?

pcorf said:

My map (MAP17) was actually named 10Cyber in the text file but I can't remember changing its name to Cyberswat unless I did in an email when submitting the level.

pcorf said way back in 2005:
I havent started my map yet, should do so in the new year.

Map - Map20
Name - Cyberswat
Monster - Cyberdemon
Resource Code - CB

This is a proposed name change on my map:

Knightmire -> Knight's Mire

No offense to some, but "Knightmire" sounds like an Australian trying to say "nightmare."

Lutarez said:

No offense to some, but "Knightmire" sounds like an Australian trying to say "nightmare."

I was under the impression that the whole point was that it was a play on words. "Knightmire" (because it has knights and is sort of swampy) sounding like "nightmare", which fits because it's dark and scary. I've always really liked the name.

EDIT: I seem to have a knack for making things more complicated than they need to be... I've combined both the lists from the previous page into one. Should be easier to keep track of things this way.

pcorf said:

We'll go with Cyberswat.

Noted.

And while you're here, do you want your name under the map name to appear as just pcorf or as Paul Corfiatis?

That goes for everyone, I guess. If anyone who created a map for this project wants to be credited as something other than their DoomWorld username, let me know.

Ryathaen said:
That goes for everyone, I guess.If anyone who created a map for this project wants to be credited as something other than their DoomWorld username, let me know. [/B]

Please put my name under bony encounter as Kristian Aro, not Nebula-Kristian. Thank you. :)

Ryathaen said:

The Crucified Factory is down as 19. I'll also pencil in Trooper Trauma as map19 unless deldelda shows up with something else.

Ok.

I added the author names to that list.

And woOOOah, what have we here? I think I just discovered Torn's old imp map.

Ichor said:

And woOOOah, what have we here? I think I just discovered Torn's old imp map.

Heh, wow. Good timing. I remember playing this way back.

I've updated the list to add this map. I think it could use some slight edits, though. I'll mess around with it a bit if no one else wants to. (mostly just alignment, a trap or two, and preventing that last battle from being skipped)

It does kind of throw off the map 15 situation though. I guess we could maybe switch maps 15 and 16.

Well, your map doesn't have to be 15, unless you had already planned on adding a secret exit.

Speaking of that map, should I credit sausage on it as well? I'm not entirely sure how much of his original map is left.

The only thing I left intact was the front hall where the shotgun is. That and the general theme. Everything else is brand new. Maybe in the text file it could be "inspired by sausage" or "based on a map by sausage".

As for the secret exit, I did have an idea for that, and I should be able to whip something up over the next few days or so.

Torn's map is all set. I'm still working on fine-tuning map12. I think it's just the nature of Arch-Viles that makes a map like this so unpleasant to balance properly.

Macro's making progress on 18. We'll probably be switching off working on that one. Hopefully we can get it done even faster that way.

Awesome, looks as though this project is nearly complete, can't wait to play the end result.

Ryathaen said:

If anyone who created a map for this project wants to be credited as something other than their DoomWorld username, let me know.

Use daimon instead of daimonreloaded thanks

RANDOM UPDATE ON MAP 18!!!

Me and rone split it up in to two parts
a)to build nodes faster
b)to finish the damn map faster.
c)BECAUSE WE CAN!

I'm working on the outside, and he is working on the inside parts, that are separated from the map, as far as I know, he hasn't had much luck yet on his part, but I am toiling away like a mad man. We will get it done!

And I'm just about finished with adding the secret exit. I just need to make a few more tests and balance adjustments.

Macro11_1 said:

RANDOM UPDATE ON MAP 18!!!

Me and rone split it up in to two parts
a)to build nodes faster
b)to finish the damn map faster.
c)BECAUSE WE CAN!

I'm working on the outside, and he is working on the inside parts, that are separated from the map, as far as I know, he hasn't had much luck yet on his part, but I am toiling away like a mad man. We will get it done!

all rigth... i seen also ichor is in way to finish the spectre map cool

Ichor said:
Any news?

A Megawad for 2008 (1monster)