Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

[Map] Obsidian Oblivion

I've been working on this map for a solid 5 months now, and I just realized that I didn't post a thread about it over here. So, anyways, I just finished up the architecture during the night and I'm getting ready to move onto adding the things and such. The map is actually for a secret project, so I won't reveal what its for...but I will say that its for the Skulltag port and its a multiplayer map. Here are some very very early screenshots:

And here is the finished architecture in DB (I'm waiting until I finish adding things before I take REAL screenshots).

And here are the map statistics as of right now:

18819 vertices
22988 linedefs
43042 sidedefs
2158 sectors
....and 46 things

I'll be sure to drop off the new screenshots as soon as I get to that point :D

dutch devil said:

Alot of gray areas tells me that this map is very detailed :) impressive nice shots.

The aim is always to make black disappear ;) Great Shots Mecha, looks awesome!

I'm liking what I see.

The colors of the textures look pretty cool too. Reminds me a bit of a factory for some reason.

Tormentor667 said:

The aim is always to make black disappear ;) Great Shots Mecha, looks awesome!

Did I do it right? This is my new map I am working on.

Don't forget to read the names of the items in the task bar!

Edit: Anyways to comment on your map: is it deathmatch or coop or neither? You said it was multiplayer so it could be... last man standing, capture the flag, domination, insta-gib, uhh umm, terminator, I can't think of all the game modes.

Wow, thanks for the positive comments guys! I plan on finishing this up later tonight, so I will post actual, in-game screenshots then :D

*edit*

@Antidote: It's....none of those :p. If you take a good look back at some of the custom game modes made for Skulltag a while back, you might be able to figure it out. But I can't say right now...its top secret.

Oh, I accidently [...accidently? lolol] added about another 10000 sidedefs because I forgot to make the team selection room. So that's what I'm doing right now.

I finally finished the map! Here are screenshots, as promised:

Screenshots of the southern-most area...that's the part where I was having trouble figuring out some fresh architecture. It came out pretty damn good though.

This is the area directly above the southern area. Damn that looks hot!

This is the northern-most area. Nothing too fancy decor wise, but the architecture is nice.

Here are some of the lava areas...the second pic is of the very large western room.

And this is some of my cave handy work (note...caves take up a lot of sidedefs :/. The second pic is of the eastern room.

The final sidedef count ended up being just slightly over 50000. Lemme know what you think of the screenshots :)

*dies*

Why is everyone a much better mapper than me??

No fair...

Great look you got goin there mech!

Very very nice! =) Is it designed for cooperative game? Are you planning to make it for single player mode too?! This would be interesting. :)

Words cannot describe how well this map looks. But 18,890 or so linedefs is a bit ridiculous. I mean its highly detailed, but i dont know how i would find certain sectors with so many lines haha. Its a beautiful map dont get me wrong here. When will it be finished?

Thanks again for the comments!

@Ismaele: Actually, its a Skulltag multiplayer map. Specifially (I guess I'll go ahead and announce the gamemode its for), for Domination...which is much like the UT99 Domination mode.

@the iron hitman: Actually, its only 50000+ sidedefs...but still quite ridiculous if you ask me :p

I. Want. It.

Hell, who cares about the project its for?! Just release it as a single map and you got yourself a Cacoward (sp?)

Steeveeo said:

I. Want. It.

Hell, who cares about the project its for?! Just release it as a single map and you got yourself a Cacoward (sp?)

Hahaha...a Cacoward? I highly doubt that...but thanks for your optomistic view :D

But unfortunately, you'll just have to wait until the project (that this map is in) is released. It shouldn't be too long though...so that's the good news.

I like how it looks but not how it plays...

Too much pretty not enough UMPH

But amazing work anyways!