Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stealthy Ivan

What did you think of the doom3 expansion?

Pardon me if this has been asked befor, but what did you think of the story line and gameplay? I thought it was pretty cool! It took the DooM 3 story and gave it a twist!
As a whole I really enjoyed playing through D3 and its expansion! (And at first I thought I would not like it due to the fact I was hard core to the originals, heh...) I cant say I am going to map for D3 or the originals anymore cause having a family takes up alot of time but I plan on getting back into DM again ;)
DooM for life!!!!
Stealthy Ivan

I really love the game play of RoE, in particular now that I am replaying it in Veteran w/o using the artifact. :p (except in those spots where it's absolutely necessary)

kristus said:

I really love the game play of RoE, in particular now that I am replaying it in Veteran w/o using the artifact. :p (except in those spots where it's absolutely necessary)

Yes, the game play was much improved over the jumpiness of Doom 3. I was genuinely impressed with the way RoE worked out, the artifact was a little gimmicky at times, but all in all it was what Doom 3 should have been.

well, it is nice to be asked to express my opinion but to be honest I dont have a clue what the doom3 expansion is. Im sure its really nice though.

Plonker said:

well, it is nice to be asked to express my opinion but to be honest I dont have a clue what the doom3 expansion is. Im sure its really nice though.

Then you probably shouldn't have posted then...
The expansion is Doom3 Resurrection of Evil if that is what you mean.

I got it three days after it came out and I beat it fairly quick.

I love Doom 3 for the whole jump effect.

And I love how they made the RoE more action.

So you get Doom 3 in two flavors really!

I really enjoy it.

I sort of wish it was a bit longer though.

I guess it would be more like a Doom 4 if it was too long though, right?

I thought it was fun, although a bit short, the things I liked the most were the SSG, the Radiation Suit, and the green Serious Sam-style area in the last level (if you don't use the artifact). Would be sweet if mods were created in the same fashion for D3.