Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
emailking

Question for Viewing Forums with FireFox

I imagine there must be other people besides me who view this forum in FireFox. Every time I open a page on the forums (a thread or a board itself), once the page is fully loaded it automatically goes all the way to the bottom of the page. Very annoying, and it doesn't happen with IE. Anyone have a solution?

This is one of my peeves with Firefox actually. I have the same problem...but it happens with every web page for me.

Anyway it's exactly how you described it, the page loads and when it finishes it just jumps to the bottom of the page for no reason.

My solution? Screw Firefox and switch to Opera.

Use your hosts file to block all of the hosts involved in ad serving. AFAIK it is a JavaScript setting focus to the iframe at the bottom of the page that causes this. If the host the script comes from is blocked, then it cannot execute and that shit will stop.

I use Opera and feel the exact opposite way. When I click View New Posts and then on a thread, I don't want have to manually go to the last page and then scroll to the bottom, maybe we can trade browsers.

Try clicking on that downward pointing arrow next to the thread link instead of on the thread title. Though it's completely non-obvious, that graphic is linked to take you directly to the newest post in the thread.

Quasar said:

Try clicking on that downward pointing arrow next to the thread link instead of on the thread title. Though it's completely non-obvious, that graphic is linked to take you directly to the newest post in the thread.

Thanks, I should have figured that out a long time ago.

Heh. It happens to me so much that I don't notice it anymore! Having a second browser for a certain website sounds pointless/silly to me.

yieldmanager's a particularly aggressive ad host; I have to block it everywhere I go.

It happens to me, but I just scroll all the way back up. I haven't noticed it happening anymore, ever since I got AdBlockPlus. Although it could be something entirely different, I don't know.