Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deertag

PK3 files?

Can anyone tell me how I can view wad files in Doombuilder that are pk3 zipped/packaged or whatever pk3 is supposed to be called? Thanks for any help

Ok, to be more specific. I want to see what KDiZD looks like from Doombuilders point of view. Curiosity, eh.

I downloaded the file kdizd.zip, its a normal zip file. extracted the files onto my hard drive. KDiZD plays fine on my PC. no problem up to this point.

The file I want to see in Doombuilder is named kdizd.pk3. whether I keep the pk3 extension or rename it to wad, it wont open in Doombuilder. I get an error that reads

Could not browse the WAD file contents in this file
Error -2147221504: file is not in IWAD or PWAD format

I figure either I am doing something wrong, or Doombuilder is having a problem, or this pk3 stuff is like some kind of Maxwell Smart security lock keeping me out. ok, so the 3rd option is sorta a joke.

Any ideas or help?

Deertag said:

The file I want to see in Doombuilder is named kdizd.pk3. whether I keep the pk3 extension or rename it to wad, it wont open in Doombuilder. I get an error that reads

Try reading fraggle's post again, thank you.

i took kdizd into xwe just to look at how advance the scripting was. and i noticed. there are many wads in the pk3.so when youre opening it in doombuilder you cant.... to many wads in one file.

so yeah do the thing fraggle said.

Da Spadger said:

Iirc, you don't even have to rename it to open it if you're using WinZip or Winrar. >___>

What about my trial version of winace that expired more than 2 years ago?

I did try Fraggle's advice at first. I didnt get the option to extract. it didnt highlight for me. I went back and tried again and it worked. Dont know what happened the first time but thank you all for the help

Da Spadger said:

Iirc, you don't even have to rename it to open it if you're using WinZip or Winrar. >___>

Or 7zip Which is free and doesn't nag you to buy it.