Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
the iron hitman

Putting custom wads onto CD or DVD playable with XBOX or PS2/3. Is it possible?

Hi. I would like to know if its possible to play custom WADs on consoles like a PS2 or XBOX or XBOX 360 or PS3, Or even a PC. Is it possible without too much trouble?

I know of a Doom port for the XBOX consoles called "DoomX", capable of playing PWADs, too. It might have had some legal issues in some way (maybe I'm confusing it with something else though), so it may be hard to find.

that xbox port can only play pwads compatible with vanilla doom.
i remember this guy i know getting so excited that he was able to play SiD on his xbox.
i say, "whatever"

Quite apart from the fact there isn't even a PS2 port, the PSX version has a completely different WAD format, Kaiser made a big post about it months ago (no, don't bump it with the same question when you find it, that won't make it possible)

You don't need a xbox(or a console for that matter).

I have my xbox 360 USB controller plugged into my pc and it works perfectly for Zdoom for example. The controls even beat that of PSX doom
if you ask me.

So unless playing Doom on a tv is a must simply using a good controller is probably the best way to get that console feeling you seem to be looking for.

I *guess* if you had the PS2 HD upgrade, you could run LOOnix, and via LOOnix you could probably find a port that works for you. Although good luck doing anything particularly fancy, considering the power of it and most other gaming consoles in it's generation.

there's also a doom legacy port for the xbox 1,which,as it supports splitscreen gameplay and pc linkage,is fun if you only own one pc and one (modded) xbox and want to play a game or two of doom with some friends.

Screw those. The Wii is much more FPS oriented. (NOT OH LOOK AT MY SWAYING GRASS PRETTY THOUGH) Although it would tire out your arm after a while, but heck, with the SD cards, it would be possible to use PWADs on it.

the iron hitman said:

Hi. I would like to know if its possible to play custom WADs on consoles like a PS2 or XBOX or XBOX 360 or PS3, Or even a PC. Is it possible without too much trouble?

WHAT?