Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pete The Padre

My brand new camoflauge outfit!

Isn't it just lovely!

I found this outfit in a hunting magazine a few months back and with the great reviews it got, For me, a forest crazy, hunting loving, stealth liking nut, its a must have! I have not had the chance to accually try it when hunting yet but im sure its incredibly effective.!

So plz! if you, just like myself, loves or likes, the outdoors/wildlife,camoflauge, hunting, knives, guns, you name it. Comment, or share some interesting stuff!

Edit: If ur thinking about posting some stupid comment about this, just becouse you're afraid of beeing outside too much and accually seeing the sun for a change then save yourself the energy and don't.

(no offense to "nerds", i am one myself, only i love beeing in the the outdoors)

I love the outdoors, and the stealthy stuff as well (myself and some friends mess around with Airsoft guns once in a while) although our outdoors is a little different here in the desert of Arizona. Not really much for camo though, I usually just stick with dark glasses and a watchman's cap : )

Yeah?

I did a bit of airsofting too a while back, me and some friends all talked about getting the gear and setting up a game in the forrest. that would have been fun, to bad it never happened, i even bought an airsoft that i didn't get a chance to use :(
(Classic Army's MP5: SD2)

Sorry to hear about your Desert outdoor, that gotta be a drag :/
I wouldnt survive if i didnt have a forest nearby

well, I do love the outdoors and wildlife. I think anyone who murders wildlife for fun should rot in their own private hell for all eternity.

Well.. "fun" can be relative you know... A hunter kills wildlife, and a hunter would not hunt if he/she would not think its fun to hunt. allthough the "fun" in hunting is different from person to person though, Ppl get satisfation from their hunting in different ways, not necissarially beouse its "fun to kill"

I think the life of wild animals is tough enough already without some daft humans coming along with guns thinking it makes them 'hard' or 'cool' if they murder some helpless animal.

I can understand if its for food but in this day and age most of us can get our food in the shops anyway

that is a nice suit. if I were doing ambush or sentry duty in a paintball scenario I would wear something like that. I don't hunt, and have nothing against it, but that looks like it would be a great thing to have when hunting.

I love the outdoors, I hate hunting. I just find peaceful camping, mountain climbing and mountain treking more appealing to me than killing.
I don't have anything against those who hunt, not going to comment on that any more.

The suit you got looks cool, useful for what you want, specially if you start hunting.

BUT, nothing beats this for camouflage.

now that is smucking fart, matching gloves and a ski mask would be great. could ambush folk on the sofa

"I think the life of wild animals is tough enough already without some daft humans coming along with guns thinking it makes them 'hard' or 'cool' if they murder some helpless animal.
"

Accually it goes much deeper than that. Hunting is not about being "cool", atleast its not for any serious hunter. Ofcourse its okay to kill for food, a hunter eats what he kills, or gives away/sells the meat. Someone who just goes out and shot an animal and dont take care of the animal does not belong with a gun. no arguments there.

Hunting is about furfilling a basic instinct that all humans have.
It goes back to the very beginning of the human race. Its in our nature to hunt and stalk prey, gather plants and berries and so on.

Everyone, and i mean EVERYONE fills this need in one or another way.
Just take a look at sports, its all the same. Lets take soccer for an example, what do you do in soccer, basicaly, you chase an object (the ball), you hunt in a pack(the team) and you are defending your "territory" (your goal). its all based upon our most primitive instincts. Basicly every sport you could think of has these elements in them.

If you call hunting wrong just becouse you dont accually depend on the food to survive, its also wrong to pick berries and mushrooms, or fishing. but if someone goes out catching a fish, he's not cruel.. but if a hunter goes out and shoots a deer he's sadistic...how can you explain that?

QUOTE: "BUT, nothing beats this for camouflage."
Sure, if your planning to bring your sofa with you in case of a war/paintball fight etc. :D

I dont want to turn this into a big flame but I will try to answer the questions.

in football the ball isnt alive and doesnt get murdered, it doesnt have kids waiting to be fed when it gets home

in the woods you can shoot some poor animal and because of that its babies will starve or be victims of some predator. it might not have kids but probably has a partner (yes animals have partners too) and you will break that poor animals heart.

While out for a drive in the country with my gf we saw a dead male pheasant on the road, the female was standing there looking at the body of her partner. My gf said 'aww look she is crying, thats so sad' and she went bonkers at me for laughing at that. I gave it some thought and she was probably right. Humans can be arrogant, ruthless, selfish, destructive, thoughtless and extremely stupid but we can also be creative, selfless, thoughtful, intelligent and caring. a lot of that is down to personal choice

I dont eat fish or catch them, if they screamed not many people would, unfortunately they dont have vocal chords

I dont think you are an evil person and Im sure you are mostly quite reasonable especially as you dont hate me for spoiling this thread a bit, I never meant to, should probably have looked the other way but sometimes the red mist descends over the minds eye and gets the better of me.

Plonker said:

in football the ball isnt alive and doesnt get murdered, it doesnt have kids waiting to be fed when it gets home

in the woods you can shoot some poor animal and because of that its babies will starve or be victims of some predator. it might not have kids but probably has a partner (yes animals have partners too) and you will break that poor animals heart.

About the football thing, if you read the post you will se that i used it as an example of how ppl take in use the "animal instinct". i did not say it was the same thing as shoting something living. big differance.

And about:
"in the woods you can shoot some poor animal and because of that its babies will starve or be victims of some predator."

Ppl do not hunt when the animal in question have infants, they hunt before they have them or after when the infants are old enough to fend for themselfs and the parents push them away. thats what we call hunting seasons...

And before you go ranting about animals getting their heart broken i suggest you watch some kind of animal documentry, in which you might see a bird eating its own ofspring for example, where's the heart there?

I have no intension of flaming, just keep it in a debattable inviorment :)

I do indeed watch those animal documentaries, I even buy the boxed sets (the blue planet, life on earth etc).

there are some terrible things done by some creatures but two wrongs never make a right.

@ Alboroto's Pic: This reminds me of a scene in the movie Toys with Robin Williams, where the general's son is on an espionage mission to spy on the family and he's camo'd in a couch.

Plonker said:

there are some terrible things done by some creatures but two wrongs never make a right.

Its not a question about right or wrong rather a question about basic instincts, which is my whole point.

An animal, lets take the phesant for example, follows basic instincs, cruel, right and wrong etc, does not exist in that world.

Darwins law of nature applies: survival of the fittest.
If an animal has offspring of lets say 3 "babys" in which one is weaker than the rest, her/his brothers/sisters will peck him to death so they can get more food from the mother, and by doing so they get stronger and has a bigger chance of survival than he/she would if they let the sick/weak brother/sister snatch some of the food, and this instinct goes to most animals. just becouse an animal is cute in a humans eyes does not mean they do not follow the same "rules" as every other animals.

A cat for example is a cute animal. If i were to torture this animal just for the heck of it (not that i would) i would be a cruel asshole. but the cat does just that to his/her prey before eating it.

Quote:" @ Alboroto's Pic: This reminds me of a scene in the movie Toys with Robin Williams, where the general's son is on an espionage mission to spy on the family and he's camo'd in a couch."

lol yeah i remember that :D i want one of those sofas :D

all good points on the surface. The thing is your examples just reinforce my point that life in the wild is tough enough already without us going out there and making it even worse for our own amusement.
Cats can be nasty little buggers but because they are cute we turn a blind eye (yes even me, I like cats). that just proves there is lots of room for improvement in the world.

oh about the uniform, Im sure it will work fine.

damn I hate this silly nickname

ah well, no point in debatting this further I guess. we both have our different oppinions and cen respect eachother for them (I hope).

So back on topic!

I agree. what was the topic again?? oh yes the camouflage. I do like it for a different reason. me and the gf like to take photographs of wildlife, an outfit like that is useful for photography too

yes! exellent point!

In the reviews i mentioned earlier about the outfit it was also reviewed by proffessional nature photografhers, many of them said it was the best thing that have ever happend to boost their carriers becouse they could get so much closer to the animals and get more detailed photos when wearing this camoflauge!

Alboroto said:

BUT, nothing beats this for camouflage.

nothing should beat that, because thats what our boys are wearing to war right now. thats the ACU with the digital pattern know as ACUPAT. it's pretty awesome stuff. there are other digital patterns, CADPAT, which is canadian, and MARPAT, which the USMC developed. digital camo is supposed to fool the eyes better than the old army BDU.