Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DumbSCRIPTguy

Headshots (EDGE DDF)

Well, i just happened to start DOOMing again, and one night (when playing CS) i came accross it: Would it be possible to make a kind of projectile that would be attached on the enemys head, and when you shoot it with any weapon doing atleast 1 damage,it would kill the enemy, and even trigger a special death animation (And for geeks like me even play a sound like "Headshot!")?

Im not that good with DDF so i kinda dont know how to do it.

Spawning a short-lived projectile on a monster's head which could be shot would be possible. However I can't see a way to make sure it kills the monster without hurting other monsters nearby (or the player) which a standard rocket blast would do. Unless.... yeah, you could use the EXPLODE_RADIUS command that is new in EDGE 1.29, and use a value roughly the same as the monster's RADIUS.

A feature to make it so you have to actually get headshots on the enemy to kill it (proper zombie) would be good. Could be done by only making the damage "work" if the hit is above a certian height in pixels on the sprite. But if i wanted the feature that bad i'd be on the EDGE requests forum and not rambling here

printz said:

I imagine heart shots are more fatal than limb shots, too.

In real life, if you would be in a war, and you'd shoot the enemy into the hand hes holding his gun with, he wouldn't be able to do anything, heck if you shoot him in the head all of his operations will be canceled and he will be immediately dead. However if you shoot him in the heart it could give him a few critical seconds to shoot you (Ofcourse a shot in the heart would produce unbelievable pain and only a few could do anything more than scream)

I was at some talk by a an army Sergeant once and he said they go for limb shots at long range because if a guy goes down another two might stop to help him, and while they're doing that they arent firing at you