Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sleepy_boy

Doom 3 charactors?

I think it should have the original cast tweaked up, and some new stuff, but that's wishing for way too much.

This is something you should ask in the Doom 3 forum. It's not a great polls question, hence my sole reply.

This is something you should ask in the Doom 3 forum. It's not a great polls question, hence my sole reply.

I thought that such questions were sent diectly to the polls forum if asked in the Doom 3 forum.

Ah well, my opinion: I want every single character from the first Doom game and most of the Doom 2 characters - there are some Doom 2 characters, which I think are too lame or "space alien-like".

But I want all characters tweaked, both in appearance and in behavior, but I'll get mad if they make them tougher than in the original. If I find that the imp can take two full blasts from the shotgun at point blank, then I'd think that Id blew their change at making a good remake/sequel/whatever-it-is, because it'd remind me of Quake.
But I'd like to see a more soldier-like behavior in the former humans, despite the fact that they are likely resurrected corpses, and some good animal-like behavior in most of the demons.

Should Doom 3 have some of the original charactors, or a whole new cast?

Kill him, please...

I've got ideas for tweaking the hell out of the original Doom monsters and making a whole new game out of it. I probably could, too, if I ever sat my ass down and took a good look at the source code.

I think some of the classic monsters should return in Doom 3. Maybe they should make a secret level that's a re-do of Dead Simple or Hangar or Entryway, or one of the other "classic" Doom maps. Hey, they had a Wolfenstein map in Doom 2, and they had a Pac-Man map in Wolfenstein... why not?

Wait, poll idea!

Apparently Spelling 101 not a required course where he comes from.......

Apparently Spelling 101 not a required course where he comes from.......

Well, at least he spelled something right.
/me leaves in shame.

3. Maybe they should make a secret level that's a re-do of Dead Simple or Hangar or Entryway, or one of the other "classic" Doom maps. Hey, they had a Wolfenstein map in Doom 2, and they had a Pac-Man map in Wolfenstein... why not?

Uhhh, secret levels are not used anymore, due to the increased complexity of modern maps. But I'd love to see it though, but it just ain't likely :-[

Uhhh, secret levels are not used anymore, due to the increased complexity of modern maps.

HUH?!?

Wha'choo talkin bout Willis?

When a map takes you 3 weeks of work it's unlikely you'll work on a secret one, unless you do it in your free time or something.

charactors

Um, that's spelled "characters", bucko.
Anyway, I think it should be the entire Doom/2 cast back, with a bunch of new faces. And they should NOT be too powerful, like the vast majority of Doom2's enemies are (the only weak one being the Hell Knight.).

The entire DOOM 2 cast sucks. It's great and all in sprites, but some of those things look so unbelievable funny on 3D.

The entire DOOM 2 cast sucks. It's great and all in sprites, but some of those things look so unbelievable funny on 3D.

That's why you use updated designs instead of the old ones.

Updated MD2's still look goofy sometimes. What's your point?

That's why you use updated designs instead of the old ones.

Sure, but some of them need so much revamping it's no use call them "the cast from Doom2". Just look at the new Pinkie.

Sure, but some of them need so much revamping it's no use call them "the cast from Doom2". Just look at the new Pinkie.

..And that thing STILL looks a bit goofy! Sure, I like its new body shape, but those horns look like shit imho.

When a map takes you 3 weeks of work it's unlikely you'll work on a secret one, unless you do it in your free time or something.

which is a shame as it's one of the nicer touches about the genre.