Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aseph

Live Free Or Die Hard

I've seen the fourth Die Hard film twice now, and I am rather pleased. They completely destroyed any realism the previous installments might have had, but who cares about that?

Still didn't beat the first one, but great nonetheless.

Your thoughts?

It was definitely better than that third installement of the series. But doesn't really compare to the first or second. (I always favored the second TBH, might be because I saw it first, though.)

Decent film, with lots of over-the-top action (a bit *too* much over-the-top at times, to be honest), and without much similarity to any of the first three in the series. Both Willis and especially Justin Long gave surprisingly good performances for a film such as this, but many of the other characters were caricatures (or basically little more than nameless/faceless cut-outs). I, personally, couldn't get around some utterly ridiculous scenes and plot elements and the (by now) tiresome Parkour exhibitions. Anyway, if you are looking for a pretty entertaining film with spectacular action scenes, without giving things much thought, you will be delighted. Eh, 'tis okay. :-)

The first one is, and will always be, the best.

I was amazed by how much it didn't suck. I saw it twice because it was just so much fun to watch. The hilariously unrealistic truck vs. plane scene and the Hollywood hacking didn't even turn me off to it. As far as raw, pointless action movies go, this was really well done.

Its worth renting, but I really have no desire to see it in one of our over priced theaters. (they can stick 5$ for popcorn up there ass)

Aseph said:

I've seen the fourth Die Hard film twice now, and I am rather pleased. They completely destroyed any realism the previous installments might have had, but who cares about that?

Still didn't beat the first one, but great nonetheless.

Your thoughts?

I'm not sure the first two every had realism. While I loved Live Free or Die Hard, they took elements and over the top action from other movies.

Without saying too much.
Elevator scene = Jurassic Park II
Jumping off of a jet = True Lies
Mobile command unit in a semmi = I can't remember, but I have seen it

There are other scenes, but that would tip it off a bit too much.

Of course it was terrible. It'll never win any awards for best supporting hairpiece in a foreign language, but I was entertained by cars flying into helicopters and jets flying under freeways, and thus I enjoyed it immensely.

Also, Apprently they just called it "Die Hard 4.0" here. They dropped the whole Live Free thing.

That's what I was thinking too, though for some reason I couldn't put a name to the movie. All I was thinking was "Gary Busey, Gary Busey..."

This was better than the last two, very good action flick. I had a lot of fun watching this movie. Jet scene did remind me of True Lies a little bit, but it wasn't very identical besides being a coincidence.

I liked it. It had the deepest plot of it's predacessors and the action was pretty entertaining. I liked it better than Transformers.

Saw it the day it premiered here. I liked it better than the 3rd one. I thought the fighter jet bridge stuff was a bit too much. Then I remembered I was watching a mindless action movie.

considering that I never saw the first 3, I'd say that its good just for all the action

I thought that it was fun for the 4th movie instead of terrorists kidnapping his wife, they kidnapped his daughter. Oh another fun twist was instead of pairing up Bruce with an African American sidekick, like the past 3 movies, they paired him up with a young white kid.

The Die Hard Franchise is the one franchise that actually goes back and pokes fun at the fact how could all of this action happen to one man? They didn't do that in Live Free or Die Hard.