Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Renegade_Style

DooM - The Movie ?

I think there was a rumour about a Doom-Movie, what is left about that ?
I think that someone asked that before,but please answer if you know something about it.
Hey after all i`m just a newbie.

Apparently.

Heh. Good one.
To answer your question --> Nobody really knows that much about a doom-movie. I hope they'll never make it.
It would probably suck.
You can search on the web as long as you want, but you'll probably never find anything about a doom-movie.

All game movies suck, including Duke Nukem. Btw, when do they release the damn thing?

I read some stray article about the progress of the DOOM Movie and the last entry was dated in 1996. Guess it was either aborted or that article wasn't updated for five years.

Huh? There's a Duke Nukem-movie?

Yeah, there was supposed to be one. Some company already bought the rights to make the movie, but they haven't began to build a script for it yet. They keep on postponing it. One thing is that they haven't figured out who was going to play the part of Duke Nukem. About a year ago my brother heard rumors that Schwartzenegger was going to be one of the ones to try out the part, but I can't even imagine that. Arnold with bleach-blond hair and a flat-top haircut. *Scoff* Besides, who would ever think of Duke Nukem having an Austrian accent anyway?

a doom movie would be the worst thing ever. look what happened when it was made into a book...doom is doom, it just doesn't make it as anything but the game.

I could make the movie good.

But you're right, anybody else would screw it up bigtime.

I think they could make a Doom movie work IF they cut out the soulsphere shit, etc. And if they cast just the right characters, you know? In truth, the first book wasn't TOO bad...the last three however, blew the pooch. But if they make it based on the books, I'll boycott it faster than MK Annihilation (Sorry, I personally thought the first one sucked nads worse than the drag queens in TO). But it could work, I think...If Fox doesn't open their mouths, cuz they could pull some bullshit plagiarism thing to end it, anyways, if it has any resemblance to Aliens, if ya catch my drift.

And you say I'm more of a newbie then you are?

@Deathwarrior
I`m only a Newbie on this Forum (but a cool Newbie)!

I think a digital DooM - Movie ,like Final Fantasy would be great.
And of course the rating would be very interesting, a R-rating should it be, so all the violence of the Game could be in.( O.K. not all the Violence)
I hope i will see it in a few years or so.

I hope i will see it in a few years or so.

That's if it ever comes out...